No more rear tire rub!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Thanks to Tgnorman and his donation of Spudo's old first gen RS rear shocks I'mm good to go.

The car feels completely different now, much sharper and no more rub. I never had an issue until I go tthe Rota's and with the offset they were just enough to cause frequent rubbing.

I was shocked how much shorter the RS shocks were compared to the SVT's, the bump stops were much shorter as well.

WOOHOO!!!
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

You're car is low enough to rub? No wayz!

Congrats dude.

So when can I get yours?
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Pappy wrote:So when can I get yours?
I'll give them to your mom later :shock:

focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Pappy wrote:So when can I get yours?
I'll give them to your mom later :shock:
OHHHHHHH SNAAAAPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :shock: shooo dawg!!! you gonna let him talks about cher mamma!?!?! :lol: i wounder how the valving increase will effect the overall handling in like ,oh i dont know, emergancy stops, or spirited entrace ramp romps? 8)........ramp romps, thats just f-ing silly :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The car feels a lot different, more planted. Now I just need some decent tires. :(

I actually still does rub over really bad dips on the freeway but nothing like before. It rubbed twice last night but one was a pretty bad drop in the road on 494 down near the airport.

zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:The car feels a lot different, more planted. Now I just need some decent tires. :(

I actually still does rub over really bad dips on the freeway but nothing like before. It rubbed twice last night but one was a pretty bad drop in the road on 494 down near the airport.
my fat butt was in the car too
PBZX3

I'll let spudo know you like them. The only reason he replaced them is the Sachs on front of the RS were shot so he figured he might as well replace them all. Apparently blown front struts is a common problem on the RS's. He's running the KYB AGX's. Much better than the blown Sachs. :lol:
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:The car feels a lot different, more planted. Now I just need some decent tires. :(

Its still slow thru the curves.... :lol: :lol:
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Just curious. What's the offset on the Rota's? Are they 17x7 or 17x7.5? What tire size are you running? And what's the drop?
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
Steve@Tasca
Midget

o2designs wrote:

Its still slow thru the curves.... :lol: :lol:
Yeah but at least I can get to the curves before you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And in all fairness I had only driven the car about 10 miles on the new shocks and my Kumho's are toast.

I suppose though, you had 06 in the passenger seat screaming like a little girl so that had to be distracting.

o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Lol. Steve beat a practically stock focus in a straight. I had you off the line thru second, but I wanted your lane, so had to let off to get into your lane. My wheel tire combo ain't really setup for corners either, and I'm back on stock dinky sway bars. No excuses Steve...(plus my hatch was full of suspension still, springs, shocks struts and sway bars)

;)
I'll give ya a rematch in my daily beater next time I'm up there...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I guess next time I'll have to actually make an effort off the line :lol:

I bogged down big time and don't forget that you were well into second before I even shifted out of first.

No one ever said my car was a rocket, it's only 40 hp up on a regular ZX3 and yours has lower ratios in first and second plus you have a shorter than stock tire size which will help acceleration.

And set up for cornering or not you've still got a much better suspension (coilovers) and better tires than my three year old worn out Kumhos.

I'd run you for fun from a roll once the wagon is done but I don't stand a chance.

focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

well with that attatude, no wounder ya lost!?!?!?! :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:well with that attatude, no wounder ya lost!?!?!?! :lol:

I've got 95k on my original notoriously weak stock SVT clutch and flywheel and you expect me to launch it hard on the grippy France ave concrete? :shock:

I think not.

Besides, I didn't lose. I had him accelerating, he just had more on the freeway ramp which should be fully expected given the setups of the two cars.

tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

Damn street racers..... :lol:
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten