Clicking sound

For your Ford Focus related discussion
viciousvermin
Car: 2002 Infra Red SVT

So... I had this clicking sound coming from the drivers side of of the engine area and found the infamous broken DSI lever. I bought the billet one from CFM to replace the plastic one, installed it, started it up and only got the clicking sound for 5 seconds then the sound went away. Now every time I start it, I get the clicking sound for about 5 seconds. Does this mean I need to replace the actuator now?
I'd appreciate any good advise.
Thanks.
2002 SVT Focus /for sale, 36000 miles, never driven in winter, and always stored.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I get the same noise on a cold start. I assumed it was the starter.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

next time it happens, push the clutch in, if it goes away then you need a new clutch, or deal with it and let it fail and replace with a normal non dual mass junk terd shit box..... my clutch has been doing this since the first clutch dump i did, now its just a matter of time before it gets replaced with new solid fly wheel action. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I need a clutch too, but this is a different noise. It is a clicking noise that only lasts a few seconds on a cold start.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

focinite wrote:next time it happens, push the clutch in, if it goes away then you need a new clutch, or deal with it and let it fail and replace with a normal non dual mass junk terd shit box..... my clutch has been doing this since the first clutch dump i did, now its just a matter of time before it gets replaced with new solid fly wheel action. 8)
I kind of have something similar, but its a rapid clicking and its on the highway, but not at a stop. when I push the clutch in, it usualy goes away. I bought the car in early 06 and they put a new cluth in then, and it also sat for 2 years... could it just be the throwout?
viciousvermin
Car: 2002 Infra Red SVT

I'm a 100% sure it's not the clutch. The sounds coming from the actuator, I think i'll just replace it.
2002 SVT Focus /for sale, 36000 miles, never driven in winter, and always stored.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

ok then, you do that!!!!! :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches