Aftermarket Taillights Question

For your Ford Focus related discussion
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

Why doesn't anyone sell aftermarket tail-lights for 2005 + focus sedans???? It's irritating.

I would steer towards aftermarket headlights for my next mod, but the longevity statistics and feedback on the halo and projector headlights are sooo poor and for the money....if they are not going to last the long run at full potential, they just aren't worth it.

Anyone have any ideas for future mods for my 2005 ST? Besides tint.

Current mods:
Cosworth CAI
SVT Springs
18" wheels/low prof. tires
painted calipers
debadged ZX4 emblem (not really a mod)
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

well what do you want to do? its yer ride, you make it the way you want it.
do you want looks good mods or do you want go fast mods. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
ScottyK

Prob. looks good mod.'s b/c I am not racing it or anything.

Although, I might be interested in a performance chip...anyone have one of those? What were your gains? How much was it? Where did you get it from?
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i dont race mine persay, i drive very .......very hard and i like to know what my car is doing, and i like to drive hard. a chip is not the way to go with the focus, we have reflashable pcms, a tune is better suited. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

the SCT Xcal3 is like $350. i have one. from what i've noticed it just "wakes up" your other mods.

there are so many things you can do visually with a car. but i'm guessing you don't want to spend much. you want a show car? or a head turner? or something that looks pretty to you? you want it to look good inside and out? or just outside?
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

^Whats your PCM code?
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
ScottyK

Maybe it's good enough for now.

I want tasteful mod's. I wish the headlights were cheaper and possessed better sustainability for the long run, along with having better light output. That would be my next obvious mod., along with tails (but they don't make em for my model and year).

I don't need a show car by any means, nor would I want my focus to be one. If I am going to spend $$$ on a show car, it will be an exotic or an antique...not a daily driver 2005 Focus.

I was just looking for something to detatch it from the rest of the ZX4's....making it different from it's own class. Making it noticeable, but not annoyingly overdone noticeable. Tastefully modified is the best description I can think of. I have no desire to modify anything on the interior, I like it the way it is.
Monkey-Gein

mnfocusS wrote:^Whats your PCM code?
him or me? mine, GTK1, why?

look on ebay for front side markers. since you can't buy tail lights i'd mask off a design and spray them the color of the car and clear coat the hell out of them. are the handles color matched? if not do them. get door pillar covers. tint. clear third brake light (or paint with tails). tint. the sap would look good, but it costs too much (maybe just do the sap spoiler). maybe a racing stripe.

just some ideas, those are some thing i'd do. go on cardomain.com and look at some there to get the wheels turning on some ideas.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I may be wrong here but these look to be very similar to the '05+ ZX4 lights --> http://depoautolights.com/tail-lights-t ... ab21648b42

Might work :?
--John
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

You're right. It does look pretty close. Here's the Tierra:

Monkey-Gein

nope. the outside curve is wrong.