i need a lawyer!!!!

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Monkey Gein
Car: 07 Silver ZX3/07 Black ZX

just what it says, i need a traffic lawyer. i need a good one (obviously) but still easy on the wallet. also i need to find one that will take payments or something and will only charge if i (we) win... i have almost no money, the curt won't appoint me a public defender. i have until feb, that's when i have a jury trial. anyone know one or of one. i have called 3-4 places and only one called back.
if i can't get one by my court date i dunno what to do. i don't want to represent myself, but can't afford it. the court says that isn't against my rights for them to force me to go into trial without council...???
if anyone can help that'd be great.

if you want anymore info go here http://v4.fivezeroseven.com/showthread.php?t=8094 we've be bickering back and forth off subject about it
Image . . . Image <-- CLICK IT!!
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

A couple things to keep in mind here:
1) If it's a criminal case (which I can't really tell from the info on 507), it's illegal for an attorney to take it on contingency
2) If you think your attorney just took your money, showed up and put no work into the case you could sue them. That's a major ethical violation. The upside on that is it'd be a civil suit and you could get an attorney on contingency for that.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

Thats crazy man , just grab the yellow pages and make some calls... i dont have other adviced, never been on that situation... :( good luck !!
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

finding a lawyer that works for free unless you win in a case like this is like finding a turbo'd focus that hasn't blown up.

You're fucked one way or the other, just figure out which one is worse. If you lose your license you can usually get a work permit license. I'd look into that and consider taking the deal if you don't want to pay for a lawyer.
reconstruction.
Monkey Gein

work permit is a no go. i think if i get suspended this time it'll be for 9 months, that means 4 1/2 with out permit. i'm not taking an unfair "deal"
harold, i guess it would be criminal... misdemeanor traffic violation. thanx for the info. for once someone is staying on subject
now, does anyone know of a lawyer that'll take payment or some shit like that.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Monkey Gein wrote:work permit is a no go. i think if i get suspended this time it'll be for 9 months, that means 4 1/2 with out permit. i'm not taking an unfair "deal"
harold, i guess it would be criminal... misdemeanor traffic violation. thanx for the info. for once someone is staying on subject
now, does anyone know of a lawyer that'll take payment or some shit like that.
Misdemeanors are not criminal violations.

There is no such thing as a lawyer that works on a (only paid if he wins) for petty cash traffic violations.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Monkey Gein

o rly? ok. but there is no incentive for the lawyer to win. then if i think he didn't care and sued him, how would i prove he didn't try? i guess cause the bitch lost, but i bet that wouldn't be enough.
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...
Car: 02 Subaru Outback

My brother in law is a lawyer. Let me know if you still need one.
Let's go boating.

Monkey Gein

ok, how long practicing? win/lose ratio? will he help me out? payments? only pay if win (i'll do % of won/lose charges)?
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...

Monkey Gein wrote:ok, how long practicing? win/lose ratio? will he help me out? payments? only pay if win (i'll do % of won/lose charges)?
I don't know all his stats sorry. But I will tell you this - he is very passionate at what he does. He does own his own practice, for several years, after working for a firm before that.

I'm sure you could call him and he could provide you with that info though as far as payments, etc.
Let's go boating.

Monkey Gein

oh, a firm owner. give him a heads up first then PM me the number. i'll call him up
Image . . . Image <-- CLICK IT!!
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Monkey Gein wrote:ok, how long practicing? win/lose ratio? will he help me out? payments? only pay if win (i'll do % of won/lose charges)?
you need to learn to find a lawyer you can trust. its their reputation on the line when they go into a courtroom. you'll find people that are passionate about what they do in everything and those that just slide. A good lawyer won't give you a "pay only if you win" option because they don't need to. A half assed lawyer will do it assuming he's going to win a % of cases and adjusts his prices accordingly.
reconstruction.
Monkey Gein

i've never had to get a lawyer before
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...

Monkey Gein wrote:oh, a firm owner. give him a heads up first then PM me the number. i'll call him up
Ok, will do.
Let's go boating.