how stupid can someone be!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
STtuner05

ok i brought my car into the ford dealer, because my dad drove my car to work one day and on the way home 2nd gear started to grind, no matter what you couldnt get it into 2nd. that same afternoon is started to pop him out of 1st at all starts. so i brought my car to the ford dealer (cuz its still inder warrenty) and they told me it was some piece that was loose under my battery (which made me skeptical cuz this is a trany prob) and they said it would be done today (brought it in tuesday night) and insted they call me and tell my that they dont know when it will be done for sure cuz they found more problems with the actual transmission go figure! :shock: um if i were them the first place i would have looked would have been at the transmission, not taking out my battery and some dumb stuff like that! on top of that they tried to give me a line of crap saying that they couldnt give me a rental car like my warrenty says i get one if they cant get it done or whatever cuz im not 21, so i was like fuck that and after a little debating they finally gave me a taurus
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I'd say shifter cables need adjustment too (at first), I imagine those are somewhere near under the battery, they are on top of the tranny. Not as dumb if you know the layout/how it works. Mine pops out of 5th sometimes, i know its shifter cables adjustment needed, i'm just lazy.
Slower than your stock focus.
grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

That sucks that you had to butt heads with the dealer about a loaner. I suppose if its a last minute deal they may not have a car but if you make an appointment ahead of time and they tell you they won't give you a loaner I'd look elsewhere next time. I have had great service at Tousley over the last seven years and drive about 50+ miles passing many other dealerships to get there.

B
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
STtuner05

no i know what the setup is and how it works, it wasnt the cables they replaced, it was a plastic piece that looked like a "V" they said it was loose and moving. and i had it in on tuesday, and it is thursday today, they had rental cars, but they dont want to give me one cuz im only 19, your supposed to be over 21
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The shift linkage and trans mount are under the battery in Duratec cars (and my personal SVT)

The loaner/rental thing can be an issue for younger owners but it's not always the dealerships choice, If it's an actual rental it could be the rental companies policy or it could be dictated by the dealerships insurance policy.

I know it's a hassle but theres not much anyone can do about it.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

If you know how the cables work you do realize they are held on by plastic clips right? Those plastic clips hold the plastic cable ends. Those are what you make the cable adjustments with. And you can replace that plastic piece without replacing the cable.

Focinite would better understand what the "V" shaped plastic part is, but as far as i know the only plastic pieces that can affect the way the tranny shifts and engages gears are the cable adjustment clips (external to the transmission, not much inside that is plastic). I have torn a zetec all the way to the ground and put it back together, along with my Haines Motorsport MTX75 transmission.
Slower than your stock focus.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:The loaner/rental thing can be an issue for younger owners but it's not always the dealerships choice, If it's an actual rental it could be the rental companies policy or it could be dictated by the dealerships insurance policy.

Yup I get free flights while I'm working my internship this summer but its not worth going anywhere because I can't even rent a car :( Even after you're 21 they rape you on fees until you're 25. For example I was looking at going somewhere and renting one after I turn 21, they still wanna charge you an ADDITIONAL 20 bucks a day just because you're under 25. I think its total BS.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:The loaner/rental thing can be an issue for younger owners but it's not always the dealerships choice, If it's an actual rental it could be the rental companies policy or it could be dictated by the dealerships insurance policy.

Yup I get free flights while I'm working my internship this summer but its not worth going anywhere because I can't even rent a car :( Even after you're 21 they rape you on fees until you're 25. For example I was looking at going somewhere and renting one after I turn 21, they still wanna charge you an ADDITIONAL 20 bucks a day just because you're under 25. I think its total BS.
You want something to really cry about? I pay $73.00 a month for full coverage on my SVT, It's less than my wifes minivan. 8)

19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

Redlineracer12 wrote:

Well, you could blame statistics. As much of a mature person you are, the facts are that drivers over 25 have less accidents than those in the 18-24 range. If I run a business to make money, and a certain age group is costing me my profits, I am going to charge them accordingly.

Sucks, but that is life.

Cheers,
Tim
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Redlineracer12 wrote:....Yup I get free flights while I'm working my internship this summer but its not worth going anywhere because I can't even rent a car :( Even after you're 21 they rape you on fees until you're 25. For example I was looking at going somewhere and renting one after I turn 21, they still wanna charge you an ADDITIONAL 20 bucks a day just because you're under 25. I think its total BS.

Where's your internship at? Also for car rentals check out I think Enterprise, they rent out to 21+

- Josh
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I understand the whole idea but it still sucks :)

I'm an intern for Northwest this summer I work at one of their Eagan facilities.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Redlineracer12 wrote:I understand the whole idea but it still sucks :)

I'm an intern for Northwest this summer I work at one of their Eagan facilities.
What are you doing there? what building are you in? I work for good old northworst.

- Josh
GearHead

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:You want something to really cry about? I pay $73.00 a month for full coverage on my SVT, It's less than my wifes minivan.
Steve, who do you go through?! I have a perfect record and I am getting raped no matter who quotes me.
I need to check out your auto insurance comnpany.
Thanks again for the parts today,
Corey
2001 Infra-red ZX3
Steve@Tasca
Midget

GearHead wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:You want something to really cry about? I pay $73.00 a month for full coverage on my SVT, It's less than my wifes minivan.
Steve, who do you go through?! I have a perfect record and I am getting raped no matter who quotes me.
Corey
American Family, Call Lenny Berg at 952-544-4466 he's a good guy. I've been insured though them for about 20 years now.

Don't forget I'm almost 40, being old helps with insurance rates.

Deagle50ae

GearHead wrote:
Corey
yea no joke, I'm paying $206/month for full coverage w/ 500/500 deductible and glass coverage. I have a flawless record and drive the damn base model! the lowest quote I could get was $203, but obviously it wasnt worth switching carriers over.
I wear my sunglasses at night.