Suspension is in... but... ***updated TODAY**

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Deagle50ae

I finally got everything put in. it's a Ford Racing kit. struts, springs, and shocks.

BUT I'VE GOT A PROBLEM!

it makes all kinds of popping and banging when I turn the wheels when sitting and when moving!

the only thing I can think of is that I assembled the new struts BEFORE I removed the old ones so I couldnt use the rubber boots

***update***

I came upon a new problem today. when I drive the car it's making a rubbing/scraping noise that is speed dependent. it doesnt change based on braking or acceleration. only speed. it's coming from the front passenger side wheel. it's not an off and on sound, it's constant and changing based again, on speed.

I jacked the car up and turned the wheel and it is definitely rubbing somewhere. so I took the wheel off and check everything and can't find where it would be happening. any ideas???
Last edited by Deagle50ae on Fri May 25, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wear my sunglasses at night.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Drop looks nice.

You will have to pull those fronts out and put the dust boots over the shocks, otherwise those will have a WAY shorter life.

Why it's clicking? No idea. Recheck EVERYTHING.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Not having the the rubber boots in wouldn't make it pop. You forgot to tighten something down.
07 ST S.A.P.
Deagle50ae

CleanZX3 wrote: Not having the the rubber boots in wouldn't make it pop. You forgot to tighten something down.

yea I know. rubber boots. lol. found those when I was done. it's only a couple bolts and everything was torqued good (probably BETTER than stock... I didnt have a SINGLE problem with getting bolts off.

I just got back from driving around. it drives nice and straight. no popping over bumps or anything. just turning sharply... not quite lock-lock
SVT-swap

Deagle50ae wrote:
CleanZX3 wrote: Not having the the rubber boots in wouldn't make it pop. You forgot to tighten something down.

yea I know. rubber boots. lol. found those when I was done. it's only a couple bolts and everything was torqued good (probably BETTER than stock... I didnt have a SINGLE problem with getting bolts off.

I just got back from driving around. it drives nice and straight. no popping over bumps or anything. just turning sharply... not quite lock-lock

Over torqued is not "better than stock" you need to properly torque everything or shit starts to break. Not to mention that you cant take stuff off later with out damaging hardware.
Deagle50ae

I didnt go crazy torque on things. I used discretion because I know very well how shitty broken bolts can be.
but EVERYTHING I read said I was going to need a breaker bar and maybe an extra person because everythign's crazy torqued and I never even had to get the breaker bar out. probably because it's only got 4,000miles on it.
spots25

by didn't go crazy, you mean "used a torque wrench and the proper torque specs" right? because if not, THAT'S crazy
00' Kona
Deagle50ae

I came upon a new problem today. when I drive the car it's making a rubbing/scraping noise that is speed dependent. it doesnt change based on braking or acceleration. only speed. it's coming from the front passenger side wheel. it's not an off and on sound, it's constant and changing based again, on speed.

I jacked the car up and turned the wheel and it is definitely rubbing somewhere. so I took the wheel off and check everything and can't find where it would be happening. any ideas???
soul_hammer
Banned!

i was just going to ask you how the drop went not so good i guess. what all did you take off when you did youre tear down to put it on then we will have a few things to look into.
soul_hammer
Banned!

an easy one to check is youre dust cover on the front as it can be bent into the rotor easy and will make a scraping/rubing sound that will be speed dependent.
cant_focus
Car: 2006 liquid grey hatchbac

yo do you got pics of the drop?
Jordan
Deagle50ae

yep.
I loveeeee the drop. perfect for me. I dont have to worry about hitting my driveway entrance, but it deffinitely handles alot tighter but gives a great cruising ride.

old pics for comparison

New pics!

Last edited by Deagle50ae on Fri May 25, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deagle50ae

alright. got some snaps of my passenger rotor. I think this is the culprit. I'll have to tear down tomorrow and find out for sure.

anyways... have some more dropped shots. lol.
<- cam whore

CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

The brake rotor shield might be bent. You should check that.
07 ST S.A.P.
Deagle50ae

I dont have a rotor shield. unless you're talking about those little shields on the ball-joints. those are fine.

I found out my popping problem... I'm a dumb ass and I put my top plates on upside down.

but I still have the "wooorrrrring" sound at speed. and a little clanking when the volume's just right.