Whoo Hoo! New Babies are Here!

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

Yep, my newest babies arrived via freight truck today and are currently downstairs starting the break-in process:

and

{click pic for more info}

I ordered both in the Cherry Wood finish. I've been told they won't really come in to their own until they've been broken in for 100 hours or so- after that they should be amazing. I'm trying not to spend any time listening to them right now because I don't want my oppinion skewed until they've loosened up a little bit. I don't think I'll be able to wait a whole lot longer though. :twisted: They're beasts!! It took a whole lot of finagaling but I was able to fit the whole nine yards in my Focus.
Tomorrow I should know how much it's gonna cost me to upgrade my speaker and power cables. :lol:

Yes, I know I'm obsessed and I know I have a problem. But hey, it's better than spending all your money on crack.

Between these and my recent RC monster truck purchase, I won't be spending a whole lot of money on the car or anything else for quite some time.

Shawn (quaverous) will be the lucky recipient of my "old" XQ5 speakers as soon as he gets his butt (and a check :))over here to pick them up.
Believe me- after 8 1/2 months and 4 engine blocks, the car definitely earned the name Debacle.

I don't like Tom (and neither should you).
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

nice components, I myself am saving up for a new tv to start on my Home theater setup.
ilselu1

Yes, I know I'm obsessed and I know I have a problem. But hey, it's better than spending all your money on crack.

:lol: That's classic! I've got the same addiction!
Focal_Nutz

Nice setup, I bet that is going to sound AMAZING!....I on the other hand just shelled out some hard earned cash for a Hitachi 46" HDTV....Now am starting to save up for the sound.....
Shmoges

Hey Doughboy! you still work at audio...er ultimate electronics off of snelling?
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

Shmoges wrote: Hey Doughboy! you still work at audio...er ultimate electronics off of snelling?

Yep, still there. (although days like today make me want to run far, far away from the place)
You looking to pick up some new toys for yourself?

As far as the new speakers go, they sound absolutely INSANE!! I am sooo glad I ponied up and went with the larger towers. It really is an unreal sensation to listen to these guys. They sound awesome on pretty much any kind of music I throw at them- everything from Alison Krauss to Crystal Method.
Believe me- after 8 1/2 months and 4 engine blocks, the car definitely earned the name Debacle.

I don't like Tom (and neither should you).