alternator went out! *HELP*

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Rotorblade

:shock: I borrowed my car to my mom and my alternator died, I have not looked at it yet. Can anyone help me out with any advice that might make replacing it easier, like wheres a good place to get the part and if any of you are willing to help replace it i would pay you to help me out. TTYL

"Damnit Jim, I am a computer technician not a car tech!"

I am gonna search ebay for parts and I have this manual on CD for my focus and hopefully that will give a little insight.

PS it's a 2002 ZTS
No guts, no glory!
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Rotorblade wrote: :shock: I borrowed my car to my mom and my alternator died, I have not looked at it yet. Can anyone help me out with any advice that might make replacing it easier, like wheres a good place to get the part and if any of you are willing to help replace it i would pay you to help me out. TTYL

"Damnit Jim, I am a computer technician not a car tech!"

I am gonna search ebay for parts and I have this manual on CD for my focus and hopefully that will give a little insight.

PS it's a 2002 ZTS

Have fun... :lol:

We swapped my alternator at CleanZX3's house after it died on me last year when I was in Minneapolis. It's really not a difficult swap, as long as LouisZerr isn't there to break your cheap Wal-Mart socket. Just call around junkyards and get an alternator from a zetec motor focus. I've been told the SPI uses a different alternator. I was lucky and found a wrecked 03 focus with less miles than my car on it.
Rotorblade

does it matter if its for the SOHC or the DOHC motor?
I am guessing the SPI is single port injection right?

What did you pay for the one you found in the junkyard?
No guts, no glory!
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Rotorblade wrote: does it matter if its for the SOHC or the DOHC motor?
I am guessing the SPI is single port injection right?

What did you pay for the one you found in the junkyard?

Yup, the SPI is the SOHC engine. I paid either $35 or $75 for my alternator, I forget the exact price. If you do a search on car-parts.com it looks like you can expect the same range.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

That socket was that way when I found it!!! Anyway you can get me back this weekend, I will have you do the alternator bolt! :twisted:
Slower than your stock focus.