who is supercharged?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: Honestly I think the JRSC with the BBK could be a very good kit. I'm waiting for the day someone lets me drive one so I can compare it to the Vortech. I know for the longest time iamgod was talking about putting an SVT JRSC on a Focus but he knows more about that then I do. IIRC it has the bigger eaton blower.

The m62 blower.

there was a guy on focal that had modded an m62 to fit on the standard m45 intake mani. one of them, the inlet is long n skinny and the other is short n fat. I guess a die grinder and a welder could make the mani house the larger blower. I have a machinist friend that I cold prob get to do some work and I know how to weld, but, that is down the road a ways.

Since the bbk kit came out I want to sit back while everyone sponges them up to see how they work, make sure the generic tune is holding good ect.

JR also is rumored to have a new kit coming, like the power works, but, i think it is going to be strickly for the new focus, the 05+, that do not use the zetec motor, but, we will see.
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

trahma wrote: Honestly I think the JRSC with the BBK could be a very good kit. I'm waiting for the day someone lets me drive one so I can compare it to the Vortech. I know for the longest time iamgod was talking about putting an SVT JRSC on a Focus but he knows more about that then I do. IIRC it has the bigger eaton blower.

I don't know if my settings is considered "semi" BBK since i'm using 42lb injector and 70MAF, short ram air filter except for pulley.
I used to have the MAC UDP and its not usable anymore since i had my SC installed. this is what the shop told me.

mcnews BBK says Include Belt, Pulley.....etc
it means just the UDP or what?
does it worth it to get the pulley?
sc0tty8

co_macho wrote:
trahma wrote:Honestly I think the JRSC with the BBK could be a very good kit. I'm waiting for the day someone lets me drive one so I can compare it to the Vortech. I know for the longest time iamgod was talking about putting an SVT JRSC on a Focus but he knows more about that then I do. IIRC it has the bigger eaton blower.

I don't know if my settings is considered "semi" BBK since i'm using 42lb injector and 70MAF, short ram air filter except for pulley.
I used to have the MAC UDP and its not usable anymore since i had my SC installed. this is what the shop told me.

The BBK kit has a diff pulley on it, but, if your warranty is not up on your blower, you replace the pulley, you have no more warranty. The fr/bbk kit has the pulley installed and is good for a few more psi, I think 2-3psi.

Oh, and there is a special puller/installer needed for the pulley. If you use a regular puller or pound the pulley on, you will damage the pulley/bearings. Once the bearings are damaged you will need to get a rebuild kit and hope your shaft is not fubar.

If you have a dyno graph, and it is at about 170-177 I would prob leave it, otherwise, get the pulley and a reburn.
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

sc0tty8 wrote:
co_macho wrote:
trahma wrote:Honestly I think the JRSC with the BBK could be a very good kit. I'm waiting for the day someone lets me drive one so I can compare it to the Vortech. I know for the longest time iamgod was talking about putting an SVT JRSC on a Focus but he knows more about that then I do. IIRC it has the bigger eaton blower.

The BBK kit has a diff pulley on it, but, if your warranty is not up on your blower, you replace the pulley, you have no more warranty. The fr/bbk kit has the pulley installed and is good for a few more psi, I think 2-3psi.

Oh, and there is a special puller/installer needed for the pulley. If you use a regular puller or pound the pulley on, you will damage the pulley/bearings. Once the bearings are damaged you will need to get a rebuild kit and hope your shaft is not fubar.

If you have a dyno graph, and it is at about 170-177 I would prob leave it, otherwise, get the pulley and a reburn.

I'm sorry. i guess i was thinking something else when i typed just now. i was thinking the UDP. i am actually using 2,6" pulley (std 3.0) on my SC and doing 5 psi. btw, what is normal psi for JRSC without the BBK?

Is there any lightweight UDP that can be used along with JRSC?
sc0tty8

Why would you want to underdrive the sc? There is an overdrive pulley you can get for the crank.

Not sure what the stock boost is on a non-bnk kit, but I think the gain was like 20hp or so.

I really wish they made the larger blower avail for the zetec, but, again, you can get an svt intake mani to fit on a zetec if you notch out the holes on the intake manifold so they ports line up....hmmm....
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i have a cook book from a while back and the author had had jackson prototype a m45 or a m62 i cant remember, but any way it had the big boost kit and it produced a table flat curve from like..2000rpmto 5800 with like 295 whp and 200-240 foot pounds , to me that sounds pretty good but you cant cool the charge air and if things go lean , it may be new piston time, i like the fact that the vortech set up is cooled just wish that it could produce the type of power curve the eton roots style dose
Image wink wink.....bitches
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

REgular crank pully, lighter in weight.
http://www.focus-central.com/catalog/de ... sid=&pid=8
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

but dose the wight realy matter if it is driving a blower.. maybe a leverage thing though
sc0tty8

focinite wrote: i have a cook book from a while back and the author had had jackson prototype a m45 or a m62 i cant remember, but any way it had the big boost kit and it produced a table flat curve from like..2000rpmto 5800 with like 295 whp and 200-240 foot pounds , to me that sounds pretty good but you cant cool the charge air and if things go lean , it may be new piston time, i like the fact that the vortech set up is cooled just wish that it could produce the type of power curve the eton roots style dose

It was prob the m62 they used to get that power, you can do methonal injection to get the charge temp cooled. As long as you have a tune and fuel system to keep up with the boost required for the 295hp, your fine.

The vortech can't give you a fat torque band like the eaton does becasue it is pretty much a belt driven turbo. I like the roots for streetability, you floor it and you got boost instantly.

Vortech does have more upgradability.(pullies, ic)

http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAc ... tegory=849

Louis Zerr wrote: REgular crank pully, lighter in weight.
http://www.focus-central.com/catalog/de ... sid=&pid=8

http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAc ... ProdID=456

focinite wrote: but dose the wight realy matter if it is driving a blower.. maybe a leverage thing though

Realisticly? Prob won't make much of a diff if any, I think a lot of these supposive 4hp mods are just to line someone's pockets., prettymuch snake oil.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Less rotating mass is what is a key factor to making more power. I'm not sure about the claims on a stock engine, but as you build engines you balance and lower weight of your internals for a reason while using stronger componants.
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

yeah but some of us need as much power out of our charging sys as possible it takes alot of juice to feed 2600 wats, a pully would slow down the alt wouldnt it?. hoanstly if i could i would run another alt so i can hook up 4 more 1500 watters and run subs in the doors and rear dash and one in the glove box...but just a dream... i need to go faster so the full on system gets put on the back burner for now .. but i do agree , i love roots chargers for the fact the make boost at idle( as long as there is no bypass). ive seen a set up on a tiberon down at uni with alcohal injection, very fast car. ive also seen twin roots on a 351 t_bird(i know you like that) that used windsheild washer fluid for the after spray. buick a long time ago used water or washer fluid as a piston cooler (like in the 60s) for there star fire v8 draw through turbo motor( kinda like a grenade with the pin pulled) i know there is a couple routs i can go but one thing is foe show, that slushy shiftin fluid squisher has got to get beefed up.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

A lighter pulley isn't going to do anything but help the charge to your alternator. An underdrive pulley (i.e. ford racing / esslinger) is smaller thus drives your alternator issues. Even when I had my subs I didn't have a problem with a udp. People have been known to have issues after idling too long though.

An overdrive pulley for an SC is going to spin your alternator more as well.
focinite

well shizy i may haft ta get me one of dem bad boys.. hay can i send you some full size pics of the hatch shave , im a sofa king we todd did when it comes to this computer stuff
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

sure can, check your PMs.
sc0tty8

Hatch shave?