Ford Racing cams installed (dyno numbers)

For your Ford Focus related discussion
PBZX3

My FR2 cams showed up on Tuesday. Intsalled them last night. Out of the 16 tappets, one had a gap that was within tolerance. I had to order 10 tappets today. Five I can move into other positions to make them work. For as big as some of the gaps are, .003" to .004" over, I don't really notice any extra valve train noise. But I figured, I bought cams to get more lift so I might as well put the right tappets in to get the lift I paid for.

With the gears set at 0,0 it idles as well as it did with the stock cams. What I noticed during acceleration is up to 3500 feels like stock but then she starts pulling harder and doesn't let up until past 6500. Can't wait to get the tappets installed and then get this baby on the dyno for tuning. With the mods I have I'm hoping for somewhere in the low 140's for hp and torque.
PBZX3

I went to Elite auto sports on Tuesday to dyno tune my cams. Not quite what I expected for results or from Elite.

First they had to push 8 cars out of the shop for me to get to the dyno. When I was on the dyno, the tach kept cutting out so I couldn’t get a graph of my hp and torque curve together. I only had a hp curve with mph not rpm on the bottom of the graph to base my tuning on. The torque graphs had big chunks of data missing. Plus the printer didn't work so I have to wait for an e-mail with the graphs. Don't have that yet so we'll see.

I did nine pulls. Started at 133whp set to 0,0 ended up at 139whp and 134wtq at +4,+2. I was hoping for more but with the mods I have I guess that's close to where I should be.

On a side note: They didn't charge me the full $140 because of the dyno problems. Shane knocked 20 bucks off without me even asking. I think he felt bad that the tach wasn't working correctly and I couldn't get prints. Nice guys just not quite what I was expecting from a dyno shop.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Great job! What mods do you have?
07 ST S.A.P.
PBZX3

I have Volant intake, FC race header, Trubenz 2.25 exhaust, Bosal flex pipe, AF/X udp and FR2 cams.

I was hoping for low 140's but I guess I got close. I'm thinking I'll maybe port my TB next. Does it actually add HP or just make the throttle more responsive?

I'm done spending money on this car. I'll wait until I get a 2005 or 2006 with the 2.3. Much better starting block to work from. This car will get added to my current fleet. I'll probbly retire the 88 merc Topaz and let son number 2 use this one for his daily driver.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle