WTB set of winter/all season tires on rims 14? 15?

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

idk just checkin here first if anyone has anything layin around for cheap. Check my gfs rim out, haha she claimed she saw nothing wrong with it at first..what u think? Image
Last edited by blcksvt2003 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
ElectricAl
Car: 05 Silver ST...ill stock

If you're looking to get a set of wheels and tires for winter use...I've found it to be easier and only a little more money to go with new. You get exactly what you want... and you can't beat brand new.

Last year I got outfitted with a set of Hankook i-Pikes on steelies from Discount Tire for around $500. This year we checked prices there to do something similar for her car (an '04 Civic) and their prices were a rip so I ordered her a set from the Tire Rack. $470 for General Altimax Arctics on steelies. That INCLUDES $100 in shipping costs. Anyways, I don't know if the moral is that Discount is NO discount or that the Tire Rack is a deal... but if that helps you. The only downer is that it takes a week or so to get the the tires in from Tire Rack. But they'll ship the set to the installer of your local convenience (install will run ~$25).

One more thing. If you can do a -1 (make sure they'll clear the brake calipers), do it. The tires'll be cheaper and they'll do better for you in the winter stuff (taller and narrower = best). Then again, you probably knew that already. Good luck.
Last edited by ElectricAl on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
My car isn't fast... but don't tell it that, cuz it wants to be
ElectricAl
Car: 05 Silver ST...ill stock

Oh, and for the record: She's almost right. There's practically nothing wrong with that wheel :lol:
My car isn't fast... but don't tell it that, cuz it wants to be