Not sure of your thoughts, but...

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

^^^Once again a crazy man shows us the way.......
Build it for yourself....

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink.

I like rice with a little soy sauce and some spicy ginger chicken on the side.

My car is riced, thats why people stop and stare. They hear it before they see it.
Slower than your stock focus.
mars

HEY, i like rice... i eat rice everyday!!! some of u probably already know that, but yea i love rice... but to cars i like alittle ricy theme only on an JDM vechicle.... but like the FOCUS, i think it's like a EURO or something in that line....
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

focinite wrote: shut up man... it is all about being the domanaint male, think about it, many animals use tools to win domanaince or females onec you get over the fasct that ether aint gonna happen, youll understand that you are building your car for yourself and no one else.
some people loke to throw a bonch of stuff at their rides, some dont. some want loud musik( oh oh oh me me ), you get the picture. stop the haten, keep your opinnions to your self unless asked, and build your car the way you want. dont let some one tell you any differantly, this rice bull SH@#! is exactly that, if you were to ask some one that grew up build ing v8 9 seconed street cars, they would say" why are you wasting money on a hmong rocket?".

so realise that you a building a car,truck,bike too your tastes, no trammas, not focinites, not clean zx3. and man, the next time i herar that " oh my focus isnt ricy" im gonna freakin puke. ive said it before, a hona is a front drive four cyl tunner car(some may call rice), a focus , afront drive 4 cyl tunner car(some may call rice).

stop worriing about is my car ricy, cause if it is a sport compct car, some bone head is goona call it rice 8). and scotty if you just do engine mods, youll end up with a very loud, plian lookin foci, that every one is gonna call ricy any way. so chill, have beer, and a qwallude, and build your ride

here, i edited a few things for you, i can't understand the way you type :p
07 stang 4.0, T5, Pony Package.
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

oh and i do agree with the drunk focinite, he show's us the way.
07 stang 4.0, T5, Pony Package.
sc0tty8

lol...no, my car will be quiet. I have decided I am not going to buy an off the shelf exhaust system, I know how to work a welder and I am not affraid to get dirty or to take a chance. If, when I am done, I feel it is too loud, I will add in another muffler. From my experience, you get that really ricey sound w/o a cat, I intendt on a high flow, prob 2.5" all the way off of the header. I will have the exhasut shop do the bends and weld/mount the rest of it myself. Save a buck when you can;) I will buy a high flow cat and a decent muffler. I will not have my muffler on the end of the tail pipe like many others. remember, steahtly stock is the plan.

I will also be adding sound dampner to the car to reduce road noise and the chances of the internal cabin becoming a resonating chamber. I want dead silent when the doors are closed and windows are up. I know this will prob add in some weight, but, the result will be well-worth it. I am a big boy and don't expect a focus to go fast with me in it, just want it more peppy that is all.

I do not plan to make leaps and bounds of power, that was never the idea with the focus, although, 200whp with a 2.0 zetec is possible, but, it would never have the street manners I would want in a daily driver(read: start of power band of 3k is useless on the street unless you like to launch your car form a stop light and you have a LSD). I just want a bit more then stock. I am thinking svt intake(will work with fabrication), header, exhaust, cams, throtle body, under drive pulley, and, if I have fundage, a dyno tune.

I want a civilized daily driver that I can let the wife drive with the kid in it and not have to worry. If I wanted balls to the walls speed I could have bought a cobra or a bike, both of which are out of budget. I really wish I would have checked out the VW golf tdi though :(
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

well yes my spelling sucks... but mr scoty, trust me on this the z-tech motor is a very loud motor if you plan on opening the exhaust up at all (size,flow) even the stock muffler coundnt do much for sound supression,,if you plan on a cold air of aly type youll find that you have a very ricy( as so many have pointed out to me) tone from the front. im running a magna flow 2 1/4 cat back and a 2 1/2 long tube cold air with the soon to be gone factory cat( have header on the way and already have the high flow 2 1/4 magna flow cat) loud is gona happen. now for the ricy look... the body mods you are talking about ..sounds a little like a sleeper....i like that, but to get back on track, ive seen so many cars done with no taste(or ricy for short),and most of them are camaros, mustangs, ive even seen 90,000 dollar full on customs ruined with cheap glue on chromey nick nacks... no matter what you dicide to do, understand there is a fine line between sweet and sour(get it ...that was a joke laugh now dammit).. rice is such a sinsetive term... use over done or not finshed... cuse saying" whoo dude that sh@t is riced out braa" sounds like a bad movie we all know( i live my life ten seconds at a time..........phiish,what evah, like )
Image wink wink.....bitches
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

This thread is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry Scotty, but you just don't make any damn sense. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want to spend money. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want it loud. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want to do forced induction. You say that anyone who values looks over performance is stupid. Seriously!! Do you really understand how our cars work?
If you can make a super cheap, ultra quiet, non-FI 2 liter economy car that looks and sounds stock- SIGN ME UP!!!!! You will ofically be the engineering GOD of the compact car world. Where have you been all my life?!? :roll:
Believe me- after 8 1/2 months and 4 engine blocks, the car definitely earned the name Debacle.

I don't like Tom (and neither should you).
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

If you want a quiet exhaust, why are you making your own? Just buy the FocusSport Stealth. Cut your loses and just knuckle under buy the exhaust. They've spend thousands of dollars doing the RandD work to make the quietest exhaust on the market for the Focus, there is no way your gonna come thru, by the seat of your pants, and make yours as quiet, and with the same amount of power as theirs. And to me, if you put a full Cat-back system on the Focus, its not gonna sound "ricey". The Focus's Zetec has its own sound, entirely different then that of a Hondas. And very few exhaust system's have that rear canister your talking about. Just stay away from the HKS exaust. I have a Magnaflow, and the muffler sits just in front of the rear suspension. So you can't tell its "aftermarkety".
To me its sounds like you either don't know what you want, or if you do know, then you want the unexpected out of a front wheel drive.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Whatever you say bro. Your ride reflects what you like. That's cool. If you don't like other people's stuff. That's cool. Everyone has there view.
sc0tty8

Doughboy wrote: This thread is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry Scotty, but you just don't make any damn sense. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want to spend money. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want it loud. You say you want your car fast, but you don't want to do forced induction. You say that anyone who values looks over performance is stupid. Seriously!! Do you really understand how our cars work?
If you can make a super cheap, ultra quiet, non-FI 2 liter economy car that looks and sounds stock- SIGN ME UP!!!!! You will ofically be the engineering GOD of the compact car world. Where have you been all my life?!? :roll:

I said that I wanted my car to be slightly faster then stock w/o FI. If I wanted an uber fast car, I would have never considered a focus, for a fully fast na car, Iw ould have gone with a notch back stang, 351w stoked to 393, afr heads, big cam, 5 speed, 3.55's out back. That alone would be good for a solid 500 hp at the wheels. This is a daily driver, with that in mind, I want to make it slightly quicker and it is possible to do anything with a budget. I just cant justify 4k on a turbo kit that would generate 200+ to the wheels and run premium.

As for the exhaust, I have some ideas in my head, and, it is possible to make the motor quiet. My buddy has no cats on his stang, an x pipe, and just mufflers, it is very quiet, very sleeperish quiet. I don't plan to use sport compact mufflers, or, fart cannons.

From what I understand about these cars, like typical econo cars, air intake and exhaust are a big gain. I have noticed this river sound under the hood, day 3 of owning my car, mr sawzall said hello to mr air box. Now, I need to replace that stupid egr sensor, or, do that hack for it form focus hacks.

I knaw what I want, more then stock w/o breaking the bank, exhaust w/o breaking the bank and being obnoxiously loud. I am working on a deal to pick up some cams possibly from a guy on focaljet, if that guy here takes his header off, I will be picking that up. After those items, then I will buy up a flex pipe and misc parts from summit and get to work on it.

I see the muffler from that focus place, 100$ for a muffler? That is pretty steep for a chrome plated glass pack...
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

sc0tty8 wrote: From what I understand about these cars, like typical econo cars, air intake and exhaust are a big gain.

Wow you are new. Woopie go three horsepower, w00t!!!!!! Get real and listen, and quit wasting your money on shit to barely make hp increases. If you want to go NA, give me your money, and you'll have basicly the same gains. If you want reliablility buck up, pay 2k and throw a vortech and run 8psi. No problems daily driven, will toss you at 160hp. You wouldn't even make half the gain the vortech does, by going NA even if you spent twice that much. Quite being a pigheaded tard, and listen to the people on this site, they (believe it or not) actually know about these cars.
Nils
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

alright go easy on the guy... listen, to build a quite system youll need a good flow master muff, maybe a factory resinator( i wouldnt do it ) a wast of money shorty header and factory cat... now i was a welder fabricator long before i was a ford mecanich... welding any thing to the factory pipe is hard it is a stainles/alumm alloy..... but if you spend the money in the right areas like gears, intake,head,cams,exhaust... youll have a pepy na foci.....go see the guys at diablo chips( forgot the name of the place in ramsey) they can help..... and dont go about building power as you would with a mustang .....completely different animals
Image wink wink.....bitches
sc0tty8

Pappy wrote:
sc0tty8 wrote: From what I understand about these cars, like typical econo cars, air intake and exhaust are a big gain.

Wow you are new. Woopie go three horsepower, w00t!!!!!! Get real and listen, and quit wasting your money on shit to barely make hp increases. If you want to go NA, give me your money, and you'll have basicly the same gains. If you want reliablility buck up, pay 2k and throw a vortech and run 8psi. No problems daily driven, will toss you at 160hp. You wouldn't even make half the gain the vortech does, by going NA even if you spent twice that much. Quite being a pigheaded tard, and listen to the people on this site, they (believe it or not) actually know about these cars.
Nils

So I should tell the people over on focal jet that are making 160 whp na that the cam/exhaust/air intake/intake mani/tuning was pointless and they should go get a vortech? WTF? How the fuck am I being pig headed?

There are also 200+na whp cars over on focus fanatics, not that I intend to spend that much for na power, but it is possible.

I suggest you go over there and look at some of the people's sig's and maybe think about pm'ing them and ask them how.

Crower stage 2, svt header, svt exhaust, under drive, volant intake, andsvt intake mani and that guy is making 150 na hp. Now, it these things put down 100hp stock, that is a 50% gain in power. BTW, he is also running a stock zetec head.

Yet, I am pig headed? You keep saying the only way to make moe power is to go forced induction. If that was the case, I would not see any headers/cat backs or cams availible for this car, they must do something that people are buying them?

Maybe next summer I will add in a vortech but at this time it is not something I am exactly hot about.
focinite wrote: alright go easy on the guy... listen, to build a quite system youll need a good flow master muff, maybe a factory resinator( i wouldnt do it ) a wast of money shorty header and factory cat... now i was a welder fabricator long before i was a ford mecanich... welding any thing to the factory pipe is hard it is a stainles/alumm alloy..... but if you spend the money in the right areas like gears, intake,head,cams,exhaust... youll have a pepy na foci.....go see the guys at diablo chips( forgot the name of the place in ramsey) they can help..... and dont go about building power as you would with a
mustang .....completely different animals

I have been looking at summit and found a few mufflers I am considering. I need to get under the car with a tape messure and gander.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Actually some Foci dyno as high as 115whp stock. The problem is not all Foci were TDC from the factory, it was a problem they had. I haven't seen anything about this guy you're talking about, but I do know this.

Volant doesn't make an intake for the SVT Focus according to their website. I haven't heard of any prototypes. An SVT is going to hit around 140whp. You're saying by putting cams, a different intake, and udp this guy is accounting for the difference in compression? Without a dyno sheet I have a hard time buying this.

What Pappy meant is the only way to make decent power on a 2.0 Focus is to run FI. Obviously they're going to make anything that will sell. I can't think of one N/A 2.0 that has broken 200whp other than Focus Centra's Drag car off the top of my head. If people are breaking 200whp over at FF, I wonder if they're actually the 2.3's. They respond very well to bolt ons.
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: Actually some Foci dyno as high as 115whp stock. The problem is not all Foci were TDC from the factory, it was a problem they had. I haven't seen anything about this guy you're talking about, but I do know this.

Volant doesn't make an intake for the SVT Focus according to their website. I haven't heard of any prototypes. An SVT is going to hit around 140whp. You're saying by putting cams, a different intake, and udp this guy is accounting for the difference in compression? Without a dyno sheet I have a hard time buying this.

What Pappy meant is the only way to make decent power on a 2.0 Focus is to run FI. Obviously they're going to make anything that will sell. I can't think of one N/A 2.0 that has broken 200whp other than Focus Centra's Drag car off the top of my head. If people are breaking 200whp over at FF, I wonder if they're actually the 2.3's. They respond very well to bolt ons.

The guy does not have an svt focus, he has put the svt mani onto the zetec, crowers on the stock head and svt exhaust, underdrive, tb, and a volant intake, he also has a svt 6 speed trans, and 4.08 drive gears. It is an auto x car. I don't remember the guy's name, I had pm'd him about his setup.

Yes, you can get 200whp out of a zetec, but it is not a street friendly build. That involves some steep cams.