Hastings Car Show... No 56k

Show off your pictures!!!
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing pictures of my car from me, so I'll post pictures of some cars I saw down in Hastings. First one I've made it to this year and it was so nice out.

New SRT-8 from a dealership. It had a note that said it might be higher than msrp due to high demand... *Roll eyes*

And here are my scenery pics :lol:

Hope you enjoyed :)
Last edited by Redlineracer12 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Holy Shit I love that camera...Those all look awesome!
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

You do an Awesome job!

I just picked up my camera last week you'll have to show me some tips with it on monday.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Great pics as always Tony, No more pics of the turbo 215 Olds?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Unfortunately not :( I didn't even know what it was, but it was getting a bit dark so I used my flash to get the underhood shot.

Care to elaborate as to what the numbers were on those cars? Seemed pretty darn unique.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote:Unfortunately not :( I didn't even know what it was, but it was getting a bit dark so I used my flash to get the underhood shot.

Care to elaborate as to what the numbers were on those cars? Seemed pretty darn unique.
215 hp and 300 lb ft. Not bad for 1962 eh? 8)

It was 10.25:1 compression and ran 5 lbs of boost, would you believe it also came from the factory with water/meth injection? They needed it due to the compression ratio.

BTW-That was a Buick designed all aluminum 215 in V8.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

was that a cossie falcon???? i know they had a cossie vega but a falcon??? i spose, that car was the shit in austrailia.
Image wink wink.....bitches
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

very nice pictures...
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
mars

great shots man, looks like a good turnout.....
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Krux303
Car: Zx2

You go down to hastings. I should be down there this weekend...if you are too that shoudl be cool let me know
PBZX3

focinite wrote:was that a cossie falcon???? i know they had a cossie vega but a falcon??? i spose, that car was the shit in austrailia.
I googled ford falcon cayuse and came up with this. More pics http://www.northland-falcons.com/ralph_marquardt.htm

Ralph Marquardt's 1963 Falcon Cayuse Convertible is one of 3 Built and is one of the rarest Ford Falcon in existence. It has the following features: Engine: 170cid Special Six, Transmission: Dagenham 4spd. In 1962-63 Ford Motor Company was looking to build a car that offered sporty European styling, bucket seats, and a shifter located on the floor by using the reliable and proven Ford Falcon suspension and un-body components or restyling the Ford Falcon. FoMoCo. contracted Vince Gardner, who at the time was one of the top automotive stylists in the country to work on one of these projects. Vince headed an experimental design and styling group that offered these services to Detroit auto manufactures and after approximately 750 hours Dearborn Tube and Steel handled the transformations. The effort was called" Project Cayuse" and restyled three 1963 Falcon Futura convertibles into Cayuse Falcon convertibles. The Cayuse Falcons featured many redesigned components and styling changes, the front end treatment has a horizontal chrome steel bar grill work that's surrounded by a fiberglass shell. A new fiberglass hood that features a functional asymmetrical hood scoop was designed and used, there weren't many cars built in 1963 that offered a functional hood scope! The wheel wells were re-shaped and all Falcon emblems and lettering was remove. The rear styling was also much different, again the horizontal chrome bar theme was used along with customized tail light lenses and buckets and a rear license plate mount being used and moved to the rear tail light panel. The rear bumper was restyled by removing the recessed area were the license plate normally mounts on a production 1963 Falcon convertible's bumper and sectioning in part of another bumper and re-chroming the new bumper. The rear gas tank cap and fill neck was repositioned to the inside trunk area. One of the three "Project Cayuse" Falcons was shorted 18 inches to make it a two-seater and was renamed the "Coyote". The "Project Cayuse" cars were displayed through out 1963 as part of the Ford Custom Car Caravan and even though attendees liked the styling concepts, FoMoCo never use them on the Ford Falcon, Lee Iacocca choose a different "little horse" the Ford Mustang to go after the sporty youth market and after 1965, the convertible and hardtop models were dropped entirely from the Falcon line all together. One of the most interesting things about the Cayuse Falcons is that being a concept car and not a production model FoMoCo usually crushed it's concept cars, all three car still survive today! The first Cayuse Falcon built is owned by a man in Ann Arbor, Michigan and was featured in Custom Rodder magazine, this Cayuse has not been displayed since the 80's. The second Cayuse built is the one featured here and owned by Ralph Marquardt, he purchased it in Detroit, Michigan. Previous owners include two Canadians. It has been repainted and has 39 thousand original miles. The third and final Cayuse that was built, shortened 18 inches making it a two-seater and renamed the Coyote is owned by a man in Flat Rock, Michigan and has not been shown since the late 60's.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

so its a concept car!!!!! f-ing sweeeeeet!!!! its bad ass to see what and how they thought then. awsome good info, spectacular find!!!! 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches