waiting sucks

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

man i hate waiting for parts. its kinda like going on a date with a chick you know is gonna put out, the waiting part is too painful. hay im also starting to make an adapter to fit a 68mm crown vic tb onto the foci manifold. more flow for you lucky bastereds runnin boost( i want some real bad!). I figure any one could save a buck or two geting a tb from the bone yard use this adapter and end up with more flow to use in the futur for other upgrades , you know larger cams better heads stuff like that. im gonna try it this weekend and see if its to much flow(most likely a tad bit more than the near stock setup on my steath fighter)
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

I'm assuming you've already checked to make sure this will work with the TPS right?
focinite

ford likes to use the same stuff to keep things simple like connectors, simaler harnesses, throttle poss. sensors .the connectors are the same . and even if the sensor didnt send the same as all ford tps 0.00-5.00 volt referance, you could go to radio shack and find something that would work. :idea: plus if im thinking straight, the tps shuld un bolt from the rest of the tb and bolt on to the crown vic unit( i said unit).
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

I dont think TB is worth it anymore. Your car is going to make the same 200 whp with boost aftermarket TB or not.

You just get shittyer gas milage, and a small amount more of throttle resopnse.

TB= waste of $$.
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

yeah i know thats why , see if you ( meaning I) have a crown vic tb lying around its free see , not 289 or whatever dollers. .... then its just a waste of time :roll:
focinite

tuesday is the magical day .... im sitting in my pool drinkin cuse i cant stand waiting and its freekin muggy as shit still , havent slep yet . wantign to go back to south dakota real bad . wanna ( this is gonna make me sound like a hippie) see how little fuel i use after the new parts are on. last time i went home ,on the way back, be tween souix falls ( born and raise .. repen soo dak) and shockapee :lol: i used a 1/4 tank of fuel at roughly 80 mph straight through( its like a ummmm 10 -12 gallon tank , i can pull em out full with no tranny jack( best get yer self a plumber ..... caus i need profesional to check out these pipes) to do the fuel pumps theys aint big at all . looky sorry im ramblem... gota go drinks empty :wink:
focinite

I dont think TB is worth it anymore. Your car is going to make the same 200 whp with boost aftermarket TB or not.

TB= waste of $$..............................In response its not realy for mee, i figured for other people it would be cheaper than spending over 200 dollas to get what i can make for like 85 bucks plus for the poeple that run a roots style blower its easier to suck through a 68mm hole than a 65 mm hole plus the adapter i made acts like a venturi to speed up the incoming air to help fill the roomy focus intake
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

focinite wrote: I dont think TB is worth it anymore. Your car is going to make the same 200 whp with boost aftermarket TB or not.

TB= waste of $$..............................In response its not realy for mee, i figured for other people it would be cheaper than spending over 200 dollas to get what i can make for like 85 bucks plus for the poeple that run a roots style blower its easier to suck through a 68mm hole than a 65 mm hole plus the adapter i made acts like a venturi to speed up the incoming air to help fill the roomy focus intake

The opening in the stock focus intake isnt even 65mm. The way the throttle cable hooks up to a crown vic tb is way different than a focus. I think it would be super hard to make it work. but, you can try. it would be cool if you could make it work.
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

the stock throtle body is good up to about 200 250 from what i gather, but the focus central tb goes up to 65 mm it is almost 300 dolars , with the adapter i made (cable being no problem, just think like a poor man) picking up a ford v8 or v6 throttle body is way cheaper and in the long run will flow more for certain aplications. if you were to take the crown vic tb look closely , you can disassemble the intire unit and rebuild it frankinstine wise to acomidat the nesesary parts(focus ends on the crown vic tb shaft, or vise versa)
focinite

now im at work nothing to do ....waiting sucks........ i want them real bad(nepolean dynamite).... you know i post alot on here . i hope that im only a little anoying :oops:
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

Go to sleep, when you wake up it might be Tuesday. :wink:
focinite

today is the magical day, parts......should......be here. riged tb to work got chec engine light fuel trims leaned out to much air computer saw it as a vac leak( stock program) will work if tuned :twisted:
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

focinite wrote: today is the magical day, parts......should......be here. riged tb to work got chec engine light fuel trims leaned out to much air computer saw it as a vac leak( stock program) will work if tuned :twisted:

Did you pull the code? A new throttlebody shouldn't throw a CEL so it has nothing to do with tune.
focinite

i pulled lean codes, found small leak at tb adapter, have more smoothing to do
focinite

works now fuel trims good, know need to make adapter cable should be easy, i used to make my own brake cables for my bike. cold air showed up . its a thing of beatuy
Image wink wink.....bitches