You Think We got Our Moneys Worth?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
pantera1

Just took these off the ZX3. HOLY SHIT!! My daughter drives this car. Can't believe how lucky she was not to have a blowout.

Each tire is scrubbed on the inside, the fronts more so than the rear. What would cause that? The tires were rotated every 5K-7K. This spring the winter tires came off, and these went on. Granted, they were low on tread, but no signs of the wear thats on them now.

05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Alignment issue...rotate every 3000 next time....and have teh alignment done.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Not as bad as my old Yokohama's.
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

yep, Alim. I see the one has no thread in the middle. I would check press also.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

low pressure, alignment, and teen age driver. the bad thing about the 205/50/16s is when they go low, they dont show till almost flat. and looks like some one is a little to spin happy. :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
pantera1

focinite wrote: and looks like some one is a little to spin happy. :lol:
LOL yeah, she's a little hot rod for sure. I don't discount the boyfriend either! Surpisingly, she said it drove OK. Wobbled a little, but OK considering the wear.

The front springs were replaced 3 months ago (under warranty). I also had them replace an inner tie rod, and then it was aligned. Pressures were 34F and 31R. Too low?

The new ones will be looked at closely for accelerated wear.
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

Don't think it is alignment. Took in my car with the same type of wear. Ford has the front set up pretty high with negative camber. Nothing we can really do about it but rotate the tires often. Well, that is unless you want to set up with adj. camber plates up top.

Just keep an eye on everything.

Cheers,
TIm
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

pantera1 wrote:
focinite wrote: and looks like some one is a little to spin happy. :lol:
LOL yeah, she's a little hot rod for sure. I don't discount the boyfriend either! Surpisingly, she said it drove OK. Wobbled a little, but OK considering the wear.

The front springs were replaced 3 months ago (under warranty). I also had them replace an inner tie rod, and then it was aligned. Pressures were 34F and 31R. Too low?

The new ones will be looked at closely for accelerated wear.
last time i checked most foci wiff da 205/50/16 and a z suspention should be at 34 psi. you mention the boyfriend...hmmmm with outr wear like that id say slow down for turns, i know its fun to make the foci work, but if you dont take some care the over steer will eat tires like mad!!! after i put my springs in on mine it put the aling in perfect specs. i do not have wear issues like that. another thing the knuckles bend real easy, see how many fingures fit between the tire and strut then do the same on the other side, this is a quick way to see if you have a bent part, take the same measurement in the fender wells down by the rockers. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

focinite wrote: you mention the boyfriend...hmmmm with outr wear like that id say slow down for turns, i know its fun to make the foci work, but if you dont take some care the over steer will eat tires like mad!!!

Maybe it is just me, but it looks like the INSIDE of the tire that is worn most, I had the same problem. It comes from the negative camber that Ford set the Foci up with. You just have to stay on top of tire rotation and you should be GTG in the future. A wheel alignment will not help you with this.

Good luck,

Tim
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Do you live off of a dirt road? and daughter drives wayyyyy tooo fast on it? that would/could certainly knock the alignment out of wack.

- Josh
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I have two of these damn cars, and neither of them wear tires like that...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
pantera1

Yeah, we've got a mile of gravel to travel. The tires have about 40K on them, so I think we did pretty good. She ran the whole winter on a set of all seasons on steel rims and they look OK. Thinking about it, her boyfriend and alot of her friends are on gravel too.
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

pantera1 wrote:Yeah, we've got a mile of gravel to travel. The tires have about 40K on them, so I think we did pretty good. She ran the whole winter on a set of all seasons on steel rims and they look OK. Thinking about it, her boyfriend and alot of her friends are on gravel too.
That'll do it alright, pot holes, and frost spots in the spring + speeding on the dirt will most definately knock a car like ours out of alignment, or better yet fuck the ball joints.

- Josh