Stage2 Duratec Throttle bodies-who wants one?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I sent two Duratec TB's for a Stage2 port job and I have them by my desk, I would love for a local guy to get one of the first ones so I can get first hand feedback.

They'll be going for $206.00 and heres a link to my SVT TB thread on the Jet since it's the same TB housing and service.

http://forums.focaljet.com/new-products ... -back.html

Who's going to get the first one?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

hmm......

I'd love to but I would only be collecting parts for now and you wouldn't get your feed back for a year or two.

B
Last edited by grocerygetter on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

Dumb ass question here,
But with the D23, wouldn't this mess with the MAF unless you have a program to tell the 'puter it is getting more air?

???

Tim
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Since it is not a huge change (unlike turbo or super charger) the MAF is just that, Mass Air Flow Sensor. It adjusts the Air/Fuel mixture based on the velocity of the air moving through MAF. It is more complex than that, but that is the jist. If the air velocity is increased beyond the programmed points of the car's 'puter at that point you will have to compensate for the increased air volume/velocity.
Slower than your stock focus.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

19-Delta wrote:Dumb ass question here,
But with the D23, wouldn't this mess with the MAF unless you have a program to tell the 'puter it is getting more air?

???

Tim
Tim,
This mod would actually make a HUGE difference on your car since your car is the PZEV it'll open that bitch wide up and make is scream for more ;)

- Josh
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

umdivx wrote:
19-Delta wrote:Dumb ass question here,

???

Tim
Tim,
This mod would actually make a HUGE difference on your car since your car is the PZEV it'll open that bitch wide up and make is scream for more ;)

- Josh
untill the air hits the small valved pzev head, then strugles to move that air....j/k it should help alot wiff da response, and if you were planning on boost, its a must.
Image wink wink.....bitches
19-Delta

Yes, I understand the basic concept of a Mass Air Flow sensor, but by increasing the diameter of the TB, you are going to add more O2 to your engine than the 'puter knows is going in, causing a lean condition. Additionally, the TB is "upstream" from the MAF on the D23, so will it still provide the correct input to the car's brain? I thought that you had to run a program to tell the computer to compensate for the larger TB/ more O2 going in. Without it you might risk a too lean condition.

???

Tim
19-Delta

focinite,
from what I have read/heard the Duratec's head is a great design and able to flow quite well. The valve springs have a tendency to "flow" at very high RPM's but that can be fixed with new valve springs. Where are you getting that info from???

Thanks,
Tim
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

19-Delta wrote:Yes, I understand the basic concept of a Mass Air Flow sensor, but by increasing the diameter of the TB, you are going to add more O2 to your engine than the 'puter knows is going in, causing a lean condition. Additionally, the TB is "upstream" from the MAF on the D23, so will it still provide the correct input to the car's brain? I thought that you had to run a program to tell the computer to compensate for the larger TB/ more O2 going in. Without it you might risk a too lean condition.

???

Tim
Shouldn't need to. The MAF senses how much air is flowing by it whether that's more or less it shouldn't matter as long as all the air getting into your engine goes by that sensor it should compensate by adding additional fuel. That's it's job in a nutshell, respond to the computer with a voltage that represents how much air is going by. Now if you were changing MAF's that would be a whole different story.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

A throttle body won't require any tuning because it can only pull as much air as the intake system can provide.

You're just changing how much air the throttle allows into the engine at partial throttle openings, You do increase the overall diameter but thats not where the main improvement is.

You can only move so much air through the MAF housing in a N/A application and the sensor is calibrated to it's housing. Ask Focinite about that. He tried running an SVT MAF in a Zetec housing, Didn't work.

BTW-This mod will not affect warranty because it doesn't alter the car in the least, I'd almost bet a tech wouldn't know the difference by looking at it.

Besides, it takes all of five minutes to swap the stocker back in if you have a driveability concern and need to bring it in.

CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

19-Delta wrote:Yes, I understand the basic concept of a Mass Air Flow sensor, but by increasing the diameter of the TB, you are going to add more O2 to your engine than the 'puter knows is going in, causing a lean condition. Additionally, the TB is "upstream" from the MAF on the D23, so will it still provide the correct input to the car's brain? I thought that you had to run a program to tell the computer to compensate for the larger TB/ more O2 going in. Without it you might risk a too lean condition.

???

Tim
Changing the size of the TB wont affect anything, other than throttle response, and ad few hp. Changing the size of the MAF without a tune will cause a lean condition like you are talking about. The TB is downstream from the maf. Maybe you are getting the two confused?
07 ST S.A.P.
19-Delta

Changing the size of the TB wont affect anything, other than throttle response, and ad few hp. Changing the size of the MAF without a tune will cause a lean condition like you are talking about. The TB is downstream from the maf. Maybe you are getting the two confused?
Clean,
You got it man,

I must have been drunk or just stupid that night.

The MAF is just one more constriction in the pipe, you can't go to a larger MAF section without telling the computer you are doing that. Just a case of the stupids that night I guess

STEVE!

Any more of these left for a D23?

Tim
Steve@Tasca
Midget

19-Delta wrote:
Clean,
You got it man,

I must have been drunk or just stupid that night.

The MAF is just one more constriction in the pipe, you can't go to a larger MAF section without telling the computer you are doing that. Just a case of the stupids that night I guess

STEVE!

Any more of these left for a D23?

Tim
I've got one available right now, I'm installing one on another car tonight to test it out.

Deagle50ae

How's the test fitting going?

I REALLLY want one of these but I just can't justify spending more money right now :(
I wear my sunglasses at night.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Deagle50ae wrote:How's the test fitting going?

I REALLLY want one of these but I just can't justify spending more money right now :(
Loxx is trying one out right now, I installed it for him last night.

He noticed it as soon as he tried to back out of my driveway, I think he spent last night relearning how to shift.

He should post soon but he said it was very noticeable.