turbo install help

For your Ford Focus related discussion
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

if its a "friend" and a honda then i'd say stick with the folks on here. We've got quite a few guys who have installed turbo or super charger setups on their foci.

I wouldn't trust a guy who drives in import ;)

- Josh
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

are you the guy wiff da marron 04-07 hatch wiff da anthrite euro rims that i see buzz by my shop wiff teh no exhaust!!! :lol: or are you the one with the silver hatch and auto wiff da.....do you know a chucky!!!!! cus im the guy thats doing his auto to manuel motor trans swap on the sho!!!! so if you want we can do boff dees to gether. :twisted:
Image wink wink.....bitches
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...
Car: 02 Subaru Outback

Not a friend, just met to be honest, just like I've just met ya all on here. But he is a Ford guy, not a Honda.

I drive the 2005 sonic blue Saleen N20 to answer the next question. Mostly in the Coon Rapids area where I live, or to Brooklyn Park, where I work. I don't drive it much to be honest, trying to keep the miles low. (currently 4400)
Let's go boating.

focinite

ch435 wrote: Not a friend, just met to be honest, just like I've just met ya all on here. But he is a Ford guy, not a Honda.

I drive the 2005 sonic blue Saleen N20 to answer the next question. Mostly in the Coon Rapids area where I live, or to Brooklyn Park, where I work. I don't drive it much to be honest, trying to keep the miles low. (currently 4400)
ive seen your car... start looking for a all black hatch thats has the rear hatch lid smoothed out(no emblems,no plate,no trim)
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

Is there a end to this install?

Just wondering if you ever got the FS turbo installed and what stage did you pick up?

I am in the market for a stage 1 at this time, but will not be home until mid June. If you (or anyone) has experience slapping on some FI to the 2.3 I will take any and all advice that is offered.

From my understanding, the FS set up is 100% complete. Everything from a CD installation guide to the proper tune. What is your experience with it?

Cheers,
Tim
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

I sorta chime in here, he was at the meet on saturday, the install was done, he did the FS stage1 kit and I have to say I am damn impressed with it, one clean/bad ass setup.

- Josh
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

umdivx wrote: I sorta chime in here, he was at the meet on saturday, the install was done, he did the FS stage1 kit and I have to say I am damn impressed with it, one clean/bad ass setup.

- Josh

true, the quality of the kit has me looking at buying a duratec car now
19-Delta

[/quote]

true, the quality of the kit has me looking at buying a duratec car now[/quote]

Damn, its that good eh?

Looks like I have just "allocated" $3,200 of my deployment savings to some FI from FS for my D23 in the ZX3.

Does anyone have pictures of an install? I know that the kit comes with a CD ROM, but I am just wondering what I am getting myself into before I drop the coin.

Cheers,
Tim
focinite

19-Delta wrote:

true, the quality of the kit has me looking at buying a duratec car now[/quote]

Damn, its that good eh?

Looks like I have just "allocated" $3,200 of my deployment savings to some FI from FS for my D23 in the ZX3.

Does anyone have pictures of an install? I know that the kit comes with a CD ROM, but I am just wondering what I am getting myself into before I drop the coin.

Cheers,
Tim[/quote]nice with the milatary lingo!! thats n-o-y-i-c-e :lol: from what i hear and see that set up is well under tuned , ive seen that kit and a seperate stand alone put out some big dyno numbers, but id be more than happy wiff da kit. 8)
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...

As you saw in a reply, the turbo is in. Wasn't too bad actually. The kit is 100% complete. Comes with flasher and a tune. If you'd like to stop by some time, I'd be happy to show it to you. I live in Coon Rapids as well. I would also offer to help with an install. Having two people help would be a huge advantage. I have the 2.0, but I think they are quite similar.
Let's go boating.

19-Delta

ch435,
Thanks for the offer, come summer, bring your thirst and appetite on over to Egret, cause Ima go'in FI.

One of the other appealing things that this kit offers (besides a Stg 2 upgrade) is the reported reliability of the tune/set up. My ZX3 is my daily driver, I can't afford things like rods and bearings being blown through my engine block. I have heard that those situations make for poor driving conditions.???.

So, I expect the FS kit to be on the "mild" side, but that is what I am looking for, 210+hp and 200+torque and I will be a happy camper, that is until the need for more boost, an inter-cooler, new valve springs, pistons, rods, LSD, clutch start to nag on my conscience.

Cheers,
Tim
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...

Hey, no prob. Happy to help out. The stage 1 puts out 8 pounds of boost, so yes it is mild. But it should give you the numbers you are looking for with your 2.3. The stage 2 puts out 11 pounds. Everywhere I read, I see that the Duratec can handle up to 12 pounds with stock internals. So we should be good to go! 8)
Let's go boating.