MY TIMING BELT BROKE TODAY!*#%@!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
foc dis

:evil: FOC DIS is pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!my timing belt broke today on my way home from school.i accelerated at a green light and then total loss of power :( . it now sits at the ford dealership awaiting the damage report from the mad scientists over there. :cry:
2000 ZX3 2.0L/16v ZETEC w/ 81,403miles
foc dis killed a pine tree and a mail box=junkyard
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Holy shit dude!! That really sucks!!! I hope there isn't any real damage beyond just the belt. I haven't heard of anyone breaking theirs so i don't know what else can happen. Let us know how it turns out and if you need any help.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

:hs: That sucks! Let us know how things go.... which dealership did you take it to?
PBZX3

It shouldn't be too bad. Lucky for you the zetec is a none interference engine which means no bent valves or busted pistons. All they should have to do is find TDC on cylinder 1, set the cams using a cam alignment tool and install the belt. Not much different than installing cam gears. An hours worth of work tops.
noresull

I doubt an hour, but atleast a couple. The timing belt on the Zetec is easy to replace, but it will take a couple of hours. It is a non-interference engine like PBZX3 said and no engine damage should of happened.
FOCI

What's a noninterferance engine?
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

FOCI wrote: What's a noninterferance engine?

basically, if the piston is at its highest point, it will not strike a valve that is at its lowest point(all the way open?) or at least thats how i understand it
07 stang 4.0, T5, Pony Package.