My SVT

Show off your pictures!!!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Just a quick post of the SVT, Check out the new lip in the second pic and below that is the $20.00 homebuilt short ram. :twisted:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
mars

haha dude i just love the homemade intake thingy... LOL!! but yea dude u need to come to meets, i feel like i'm the only svtf there........... anywayz seems like u keep ur car clean as possible...
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I hate to say this, but I don't like the Mach chin on the SVT bumper. I think it looks better with the OEM chin. The Mach looks better on the stock Focus bumpers instead. But anyway, the rest of teh car looks good. I like 3Dr CD Silver hatches.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
thenamessean04

Don't listen to him steve! It looks awesome! :lol:
Sean Cunliffe~

My car-2002CD Silver ZX3,SVT front bumper w/upper grill,SVT suspension(soon),Focus sport strut bar,Cold Air Intake,2005 charcoal interior,Sony Headw/2 10" Punch subs,Kenwood 930watt amp w/built in fan to stay cool under false floor.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I will admit, I was hesitant to put the Mach lip on simply because of the pics I had seen online.

I felt the same way, I though it looked better on the regular Foci, You really have to see it in person to really see how it looks.

I have gotten a little grief about the short ram but I tell you what, I guarantee it flows more air than almost any oiled filter made for our cars and I don't have to screw around with the oiling and MAF cleaning.

The filter and base are for a Cobra mustang so the filter flows plenty of air for a 2.0, I am working on a smooth intake tube and relocating the filter behind the drivers headlight for a cooler location.

mars

FORDSVTPARTS wrote: I have gotten a little grief about the short ram but I tell you what, I guarantee it flows more air than almost any oiled filter made for our cars and I don't have to screw around with the oiling and MAF cleaning.

The filter and base are for a Cobra mustang so the filter flows plenty of air for a 2.0, I am working on a smooth intake tube and relocating the filter behind the drivers headlight for a cooler location.

well tell me how it goes when ur in progress... i can probably help u on it too... very intrested, sounds cool!!!!!
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
Steve@Tasca
Midget

[/quote]

well tell me how it goes when ur in progress... i can probably help u on it too... very intrested, sounds cool!!!!![/quote]

Right now the only thing really holding me up is the battery tray, I am going to use the tray and reinforcement for an '03 and up Duratec because their battery is mounted where the Zetec airbox is located. (pretty smart huh?) The big hold up is the funds.

Then I just have to figure out where I am going to get the boots and what to use for a tube. The ducting will probably come from home depot and will get fresh air from the drivers side of the lower bumper grille.

Anybody know where to get boots cheap?

trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

If it helps you save money I have the battery relocation kit for the Vortech still that mounts the battery behind the bumper. It has the remote jump posts like I've seen in other cars so you can still jump it.
reconstruction.
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Steve,
Nice job on the spoiler install. Very few have installed it cleanly on the SVT. Looks great. :D Have you considered painting it body color? I ran mine that way for a while, and with a 1.5" drop, managed to scrape the bottom leading edge a few times. All I did was use some touch up paint and it worked just fine. Since the SVT doesn't have as much of a drop,
and the Mach spoiler hangs about the same, you should have less of a chance to scrape. Just a thought. From my experience though, painting it body color really "wakes" it up. Either way, it's much better than the flimsy stock piece.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

trahma wrote: If it helps you save money I have the battery relocation kit for the Vortech still that mounts the battery behind the bumper. It has the remote jump posts like I've seen in other cars so you can still jump it.

Thanks for the offer, I don't know about mounting the battery that low in this climate.

I am on my third set of horns due to water intrusion and the battery would end up in the same area. Too much salt and crud.

I will just have to wait a bit to get it done, I think the Duratec tray is going to be my best solution.

Hmm, Birthday cash, Christmas cash. I should be good to go by spring. No real rush until then anyway what with the lovely weather headed our way.