F***ing SVT brake pad retaining spring

For your Ford Focus related discussion
bflesher

Spring - 2, Me - 0. WTF... Passenger side took about 90 seconds to get on. Moved to the drivers side, got the spring on, but wasn't exactly flat on the caliper but the pins were in the holes. Tapped it flatter but not exactly flat. Lost spring on the test drive. Ordered a couple more, good lord, I want to break things. Ford just had to make it fun...grrr....
bflesher

Even though I'm 0 and 5 with this f***ing spring I have finally won the war. At least for the first 10 mile test drive.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

When I bought the car from Justin he had the springs wrong. The pads wore at a taper. Strange thing was that the stopping power was amazing. Once I put new pads in correctly the braking power was diminished. I could lock the front previously and now I can't.

What I'm getting at is just because the spring isn't correct, don't think you're going to loose braking power. All I found was that I went through a pad faster. But they are cheap IMO.
--John
bflesher

That's interesting. And for as much as I drive it, which isn't much.
iminhell

Still more than I drive mine ... not at all.
The engine has some vibration I can't figure out. So I'm back to thinking about the 2.5 swap.
I haven't driven the stupid thing for 3 months now.
--John
bflesher

Motor mounts? Slight miss from coil or coil wire?
iminhell

It's not:
Spark plugs
Coil
Pigtail
Injectors
TPS/Intake Manifold
MAFS
FP
Filters
ECT
CPK
O2's

I've datalogged everything and replaced about everything I thought it might be with known good or new parts. No change at all. Not even a little.

Car was running strong. Did a hard 3-4 gear pull (somewhere in the mid 120MPH range) while logging and the car developed the miss/vibration.
If you pull 1 plug wire, that's close to how it feels. but I have good spark on all cylinders, and have fuel to all cylinders. Also passes leakdown (less than 5%) and compression is good (185psi and even).

I'm lost and calling it done for. I don't have the ambition to fix it or find what the issue is.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

For your miss. Check your pig tail at the coil pack. When the dog bone flexes it pulls wires out the connector. This is why I make the hockey puck dog bone. The cost of 2 hocky puck, ford f150 caliper slide and some jb weld.
Image wink wink.....bitches