Cornerstone Auto in Elk River

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
BlackSVTGuy

Hey guys, just wanted to share my story with you in hopes that it will prevent anyone else from falling for this.

Last Friday I received a call from a guy named Gavin about my 2008 Caliber SRT4 I have for sale on Craigslist. He left me a message saying he is seriously interested in it. I call him back and it turns out he works for Cornerstone Auto in Elk River off Highway 10. He says they are in desperate need for used vehicles and that he thinks my price is really good and that he wants to buy my car. I was very hesitant because I didn’t want to show up and get offered trade in value. I ask him how much he is offering and he says that my price is good and “in the ball park.” I wanted him to provide me with a number that he would pay me for the car because “in the ball park” could mean anything. We exchange texts and I tell him that I don’t want to waste my time driving there just to get offered trade in value and he says that this wouldn’t happen. I finally just tell him “If you can do $12,500 I will drive the car up there and sell.” And he responds “Bring it on up!”

I get the car ready for sell by cleaning it, washing it, get the title from my bank, ect ect… I get to the dealership and explain to the manager that Gavin contacted me and wanted to buy the car. He kind of gets a weird look on his face about it… anyways he looks at the car and says it’s in fantastic condition. We go back to the office and he says he can offer me $10,800 for the car… below kbb trade in….. and I show him the text from Gavin about the $12,500 and he tells me that Gavin is just the internet sales guy and has no authority to offer money for cars… he also says that this is a performance model car and they don’t usually buy this kind of car… He says he will fill up my gas tank for my hassle… I decline and leave.

I text Gavin saying “What the hell man?” and he calls me. He acts so surprised that I didn’t get offered over $12,500 for the car. I tell him that I specifically said I didn’t want to show up and get offered trade-in value and that I wouldn’t take less than $12,500, and that he told me to “Bring it on up!” He tells me to not get mad about it… and that he will talk to his boss tomorrow and call me back. I said okay please do that… He then responds by saying “But don’t feel like you’re entitled to anything, we are a dealership trying to make money….”

Long story short I got screwed out of my time and money. They have not contacted me back to resolve the issue. Avoid this dealership! They have multiple complaints on the BBB, and they are about to have another one! In my opinion they use their Christian advertising and a scheme to sell more cars…
Last edited by BlackSVTGuy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc
Car: to many to list

Would this also be known as Elk River Ford?? The Ford/Dodge, etc dealership?
BlackSVTGuy

Yes, they are Kia also I believe.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

I was gonna work for those guys. I had a friend workin there and she let me know what was happening there. Needless to say im still at tires plus.
Image wink wink.....bitches
Doc
Car: to many to list

I've had some service work done there a couple times. I hope to never have to step foot in their door again. Long story, but if you are going to over charge people to the max, you could at least provide decent service.