Land Rover Discovery

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Doc
Car: to many to list

I've been thinking about modifiing one for off road. Anybody happen to know someone who has been there, done that, for some advice?
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Don't know of anybody doing it.

I looked into iot but realized parts to find for them are somewhat hard to find and are somewhat on the spendier side for off roading perpose's. Working on them also would be a bit of a pain.

Always found Jeeps, Blazers, Bronco's, Ranger's, Ramchagers, etc... To be cheaper, easier to find parts for and easier to work on.

I know that everyboady and their brother has one of those above trucks but there is a reason why. Its because they are cheaper and easier to work on and get parts for them well everybody has parts for them.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Doc

I was one of the first to wheel a Cherokee in MN. It was interesting back then to be different. They are so cheap and easy to build and will out wheel a comparably built Wrangler. Now, everyone knows Cherokees rule, and they are everywhere. I've built, and sold, several over the years. I'm kind of tired of my Comanche, and it's getting all worn out. Planning to build a buggy to "replace" that when I get the time. But would like some thing different for a "mild" off road, still able to drive on road, rig. I was crawling around under one of the Rovers I have and it looks pretty straight forward to lift. Can't figure out why the only after market I've found is a mere 2 inch lift though. I was thinking around 6 inch lift and 35's. To do that I have to do some research on factory spring rates, etc. to see what coils might work from another application, then just make my own control arms etc.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

A diso? You fall and hit yer head?!?! Its loosely based on the excape. With the time and money you should just do a tube buggie. 8) wait an older one? Then its like a scout. Not much is needed to make the old disco a trail rig. Four link front qnd rear some good coil overs. Boom!!!!! Got yer self a rig! :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
Doc

Falling and hitting my head. Hmm, that could explain a lot of things.
The one I have is an 2002. They have a radius arm front and rear, sort of like the front on an old 70's F-150. On a Ford anyway, this restricts flex. I assume the Rover would be similar in that way too. So I'm thinking 3 link the front like I did my Comanche, that flexes great. Not sure on the rear, might leave it a radius arm and see how it does, might just go 4 link.
As far as the buggy, I'll get to it too, just need the time/space in the shop to get started. I need to get a big customer project finished up, then I'll have a corner for me again. Price won't be a factor on either project, neither one will cost much.