The Silent Paperweight.

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

:lol: Hi everyone, it's been a while, yes, but I am forcefully getting myself up to work on my car.

Just a pick at the past. OCT 2011 Timing belt blew. MAR-APR 2012 replaced and never got it started due to battery issues.
So here I am...

I went out and picked up the new battery and terminal connectors yesterday and tried to start it up. Well it seems like the timing is off... so this is where I need help.
Anyone know how to time an SVT? I had one guy help me, and he said it should be good... well no bueno.
Just need to fire it up so I can move on to the next part of the project, can anyone provide any assistance? or any ideas?

I want to get it running soon so I can have it ready for the spring.
Let me know.
Rob
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Get a hold of COS SVT or FocusMech for timing help.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

hermitmaster wrote:Get a hold of COS SVT or FocusMech for timing help.
COS SVT was the guy that helped me before. lol I'll try and hit him up again, or focusmech.
hermitmaster

Is it starting?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

It's a cakewalk if you use my method and you can't F-it up.

- Pull all the spark plugs.
- Bring #1 to what you think is TDC.
basically do everything you normally would to set cam timing

Go a step further though, act like your removing the cams / loosen all the cam caps so there is no pressure holding a valve open.
Then take your compressed air hose and push #2 to BDC. That ensures #1 is at true TDC (and removes any machining or TQ error from using the crank stop pin).

From there it's simply a matter of making sure the cam gear bolts are loose prior to putting tension on the belt.

Or follow the FSM procedure --> http://www.dj-sures.com/GraphicFiles/Fo ... iming.html
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Pull number one plug. Go to TDC. take the valve cover off. Put a straight edge in the slots on he back of the cams and line up your big ass dots. Put your belt on and tension the belt. Boom an hour is gone and your belt is done. 8) if the slots dont let you slide a edge in there its off. If th dots dont line up. Its off. Do your belt. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

hermitmaster wrote:Is it starting?
cranks but wont start.

When the belt was put on we had all the tools from Massive, and like I said COS SVT was with me when it was done. In fact he did most of the work at that point. So it is/was at TDC then.
I will just call COS SVT and see if he has time one of these days to come take another look.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Chris knows what he's doing so odds are the timing is fine, got spark? Fuel?

Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Chris knows what he's doing so odds are the timing is fine, got spark? Fuel?

Steve
Those I haven't checked yet, but that was my next guess. Wouldn't surprise me if the fuel lines froze, being its been sitting.
hermitmaster

Stilz wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Chris knows what he's doing so odds are the timing is fine, got spark? Fuel?

Steve
Those I haven't checked yet, but that was my next guess. Wouldn't surprise me if the fuel lines froze, being its been sitting.
I pulled one of my plug wires a couple of weeks ago and it was corroded on the contacts on the coil side. Pull them off one at a time and grease them up with dielectric grease. New plugs probably wouldn't hurt either.
focinite

Dont use gease. You will induce a misfire!. Fuel lines dont freeze unless you hwve water in the tank and then you have bigger issues. Keep it simple, stupid. I am not calling you stupid, simple. Live by these words!.... its always the stupid simple thing your over looking. Prime the pump. Does it go rrrrrrrrrrrrrr when you turn the key on? Thump the bottom of the tank. Dus it go rrrrrrrrrrr? Dus it staht? Did you clutch switch takena.gigantic shit on you?. Is your pats going crazy? My guess is that the guy that did your belt moved the intake cam and sqwished all the oil out and the cam didnt follow when he set timing. Also cam and crank sensors.are.they reading? If you have all this and some.other shits it should run. :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:Dont use gease. You will induce a misfire!.

I think you missed the key word in his post...........dielectric............ grease.

focinite

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:Dont use gease. You will induce a misfire!.

I think you missed the key word in his post...........dielectric............ grease.
i hqve yet to meet a person that proporly can apply he appropeate amount. And if the shit works so.good why dont ford use it on the plug wires at the factory? Cus trust me i have had cars with fiffteen thousand miles on them and the boots.just tear off. :? The best thing to use is your pinky. Just put some new engine oil residuls on the tip of yer pinky and just givr the opening of the boot a tuch. Thats it..... no more. Any thing else will cake up and turn to a hard booger. Dont use vasoline or silicone qnything. I just put the boots on the plugs. I dont dress them i dont sweet talk them, i just mash the little fuckers on the plugs.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:i hqve yet to meet a person that proporly can apply he appropeate amount. And if the shit works so.good why dont ford use it on the plug wires at the factory? Cus trust me i have had cars with fiffteen thousand miles on them and the boots.just tear off. :? The best thing to use is your pinky. Just put some new engine oil residuls on the tip of yer pinky and just givr the opening of the boot a tuch. Thats it..... no more. Any thing else will cake up and turn to a hard booger. Dont use vasoline or silicone qnything. I just put the boots on the plugs. I dont dress them i dont sweet talk them, i just mash the little fuckers on the plugs.
I always use dielectric grease on both ends of the plug wires and my car runs like a top, never had a plug or coil boot get stuck or fall apart either.

Do what you want but I'd never tell anyone to use anything other than dielectric grease for electrical connections.

focinite

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:i hqve yet to meet a person that proporly can apply he appropeate amount. And if the shit works so.good why dont ford use it on the plug wires at the factory? Cus trust me i have had cars with fiffteen thousand miles on them and the boots.just tear off. :? The best thing to use is your pinky. Just put some new engine oil residuls on the tip of yer pinky and just givr the opening of the boot a tuch. Thats it..... no more. Any thing else will cake up and turn to a hard booger. Dont use vasoline or silicone qnything. I just put the boots on the plugs. I dont dress them i dont sweet talk them, i just mash the little fuckers on the plugs.
I always use dielectric grease on both ends of the plug wires and my car runs like a top, never had a plug or coil boot get stuck or fall apart either.

Do what you want but I'd never tell anyone to use anything other than dielectric grease for electrical connections.

I always get the diy guy that puts a glob of that shtuff all over the plug and coil. A little of that stuff goes a long way. I am sorry that i implided any thing. I think its this fixing cars thing is just eating my sole away. Again i appologise.