Tuning my 2007 ST Stage 2

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Is ths thing red by any chanc. I saw a deep red lowered body kited ....... never mind yours is a ST and he one i saw was a three door.
Image wink wink.....bitches
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

trahma wrote:What Steve said... a tune on a car isn't really like a "tune up". They set the parameters, the car runs with those. Unless the tune has been changed, it should be running the same
The tune can only operate with in the peramiters of the sensors. The pcm hqs inputs and out puts. If the input is out of wack the pcm can adjust the output. In some cases like extream climate change can affct it, but if the tuner knew any thng then you should be alright as the pcm has the ablity to shift entire cells meaning it learns as you drive. The addaptive fuel trims should compinsate for any conditions unless there s a fault. At this point the pcm can not adjust the outputs due them being maxed out or failing. It is not a bad idea to hqve some one that knos tuning take a look aroind. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
BlackSVTGuy

Planning on going to DB for a dyno tune. They quoted me at 2.5-4 hours for full tune from scratch @ $150 per hour. So it would cost me the same versus going wireless through FSWerks. I am also changing up my exhaust and it should be pretty cool!
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Just keep in mind that a 'dyno tune' is different than a 'drivability tune'. Just make sure you know what you're getting into and ask lots of questions.

Adaptive blows goats, BTW. With a solid tune, it's useless. Actually when I turn adaptive on, I loose power and mileage. My trims are within 0.1% and adaptive shoots for 5%, loose as *insert hooker joke.
--John
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

iminhell wrote:Just keep in mind that a 'dyno tune' is different than a 'drivability tune'. Just make sure you know what you're getting into and ask lots of questions.

Adaptive blows goats, BTW. With a solid tune, it's useless. Actually when I turn adaptive on, I loose power and mileage. My trims are within 0.1% and adaptive shoots for 5%, loose as *insert hooker joke.
DB includes drive ability into their tunes. They did fantastic with my Focus JRSC tune.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
PBZX3

Make sure you get to keep the original FSWerks tune in case for some reason you don't like the end result. It's always nice to have options.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
MCPunk79
Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

Wow... the FSW "show car"!! Do you have pictures of the car, I'd sure like to see the car... any plans on taking to Apple Valley's car show on June the 2nd?
BlackSVTGuy

Here's the car at Sema:

Heres about a month ago:

She is currently "Under Construction," as I get her ready for summer!

Are you talking about cars and coffee?
BlackSVTGuy

I have an appointment at Apple Valley Ford to get the car dyno tuned by a guy named Casey, he was recommended to me after I found out DB Performance is booked almost into July. He charges a flat rate of $475 which is cheaper then what DB quoted me at. Anyone heard anything about this guy?
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

He tuned Patalrobs Powerworks car...... Ask him.

:shock:

There is a reason DB is booked....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
dartfork

BlackSVTGuy wrote:I have an appointment at Apple Valley Ford to get the car dyno tuned by a guy named Casey, he was recommended to me after I found out DB Performance is booked almost into July. He charges a flat rate of $475 which is cheaper then what DB quoted me at. Anyone heard anything about this guy?
Casey tuned my car for E85 when he was at Hi-Tech Motorsport
BlackSVTGuy

Did you like the results? Seemed like a nice guy on the phone, and knowledgeable.