WTB: gauge cluster with tach, low mile?

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I don't suppose anyone has one lying around?

I burnt up a cluster and have been swapping my 1 good one from car to car. I'm getting sick of not knowing how many miles I'm putting on either car and that I can't use my trip meter ... the cluster I am using is a combination of a Cougar cluster and Focus cluster, no hole for trip reset.

I'd really like a cluster that has around 50,000 miles if possible. Less if good, I can pack on miles quickly/falsly to get near actual. More than ~55,000 is a bit tougher but I can still fudge I think. Would rather not though.

Really though, I'll take anything. I just don't want to swap anymore.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

I got one fer the non svt. Has adout 80k.
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell

attle work.
when can I come get it?
--John
focinite

Thursdays work the best. I qlso have every other weekend off. I got one out a zx2 as well. 8)it has flames!!!!!!!!!! :lol:sorry for the gap in reply i dont normally check the clasifideds over here.
iminhell

Well ya should have earlier.

I got one.
Now I just need to find someone to reprogram it. I sent an email to ATP (who my brother says Ford goes through) and they have nothing to do the change.
--John
focinite

It only needs a calibration. Install the old one in the car to get the new one. Bring both to yer dealer. They ill use WDS (wont do shit) it intakes from the old then put the new custer in and it then inputs shits into the new one. Done. 8)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Reprogram what? The 2000-2004 clusters are plug and play and no one can alter the mileage outside of the Ford cluster center and they won't do it either except when we order clusters from them.

-Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
iminhell

My brother is working for Ford again and I had him ask at work. They said to ask the ATS guys because that's who they've gone through in the past,,, for cluster repair is what I'm guessing now.

I have both clusters. Both power up and show mileage. But I have zero proof that the low mile one is original to the car, stupid state of MN didn't print the mileage on my title that I specifically asked and paid for. It just reads "N/A". Bullshit.

Anyways, if either of you know someone local that will do it, get me a ballpark price.

If it's WDS I assume it goes through the OBD and I have to have the car present to do the changeover. That means it won't be 'til Spring once the salts off the roads.

But on the other side of the spectrum, I have a cluster with zero miles on it. Average the one at 102,xxx and 0 and you have the actual mileage on the car, LOL.
--John
Doc
Car: to many to list

myairbags.com. Not local, but I've had air bag mods "rebuilt" there with great success.
Supposedly they can repair cluster's too. It didn't look like they could change milage, but might be worth a phone call to ask.
focinite

YO DOC!!!!!! WHAD DUP!!???!??...... sorry it was thought and then typed, i have no explination :shock: heh ah sooooooooo, well ........so its cold out huh? Ah i think i hear my wife callin so ah.......i gotta go :lol:
Doc

Thought I would mention, I got an air bag module back today from myairbags.com and there was a flyer in the packaging. One of the items they mention they do is...

"Milage correction. $99. Reset the milage reading to your requirement. If your original cluster was damaged and you replaced it with another cluster and now need milage corrected."
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Doc wrote:"Milage correction. $99. Reset the milage reading to your requirement. If your original cluster was damaged and you replaced it with another cluster and now need milage corrected."
That's kind of scary really, $99.00 for whatever mileage you want your car to show. :?

Doc

What's scary about it?
iminhell

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Doc wrote:"Milage correction. $99. Reset the milage reading to your requirement. If your original cluster was damaged and you replaced it with another cluster and now need milage corrected."
That's kind of scary really, $99.00 for whatever mileage you want your car to show. :?

Yes and no.

Scary in the real world sense that it's illegal unless you have some type of proof.

But not scary simply by the name of the company; a dot com. I don't doubt they're skirting some FMVSS laws already, so what's 1 more law to break, right?

I'd like to find something local first. If I can't then I guess I have a second option.
--John
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Doc wrote:What's scary about it?
Scary because it means it's very easy to falsify mileage, I thought that was quite obvious.

Rolling back odometers used to be quite common but with the advent of electronics it was much more difficult, last thing we need is to make it easy again.