Rotating assemblies

For your Ford Focus related discussion
sc0tty8

Lookin' to possibly pick up a good set fo pistons/rods. From what I gather the stock crank is fine.

Not sure yet on what CR I want yet. Want to start on bullet proof bottom end. I would also like to buy from a reputable seller.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Just curious why you're planning on getting rods/pistons this early in your cars stage. Usually you get the basic bolt ons first before going this route.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well i got my JE Pistons and eagle rods from a place called Dyno-Flo off of ebay they have their own website too. I ended up ordering a bunch of stuff from them. And i wish i would have built my engine before it blowed up on me.
Slower than your stock focus.
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: Just curious why you're planning on getting rods/pistons this early in your cars stage. Usually you get the basic bolt ons first before going this route.

I don't belive the hype of a cold air intake, I don't know about under drives, I need all the juice my alt can gimme, and, I have full exhaust. Only other bolt ons are a diff intake mani or a tb.

I wouldn't call cams a simple bolt on. I would like to have more gear and more rwd though. Anything to get rid of this shift by cable trans.

Louis Zerr wrote: Well i got my JE Pistons and eagle rods from a place called Dyno-Flo off of ebay they have their own website too. I ended up ordering a bunch of stuff from them. And i wish i would have built my engine before it blowed up on me.

I will check that place out.

I also do not want to blow my motor, a strong foundation is key in making more power in a car. I may wish to add lots-o-nos, boost, or, high compression, not sure yet.