PLEASE need transmission help lol

For your Ford Focus related discussion
VonRipper
Car: 01 black ZX3

i bought a new manual transmission for my 01 ZX3 DOHC, and turns out its for a sohc. what i want to know is, if its just the sohc shift linkage that i need to complete it, or if i need any thing else thats for the sohc?
01 zx3 Murdered Out
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Can't return it?

I wouldn't bother with the IB5, find an MTX and do it right.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
VonRipper
Car: 01 black ZX3

yeah i stopped the sohc switch should have looked into it more lol thanks, looking for a dohc can i put an svt 6 speed into a ztech dohc zx3??
01 zx3 Murdered Out
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

VonRipper wrote:yeah i stopped the sohc switch should have looked into it more lol thanks, looking for a dohc can i put an svt 6 speed into a ztech dohc zx3??
knock it off! stop being dumb. better yet be smart buy my car it has a six speed already swapped in. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

focinite wrote:
VonRipper wrote:yeah i stopped the sohc switch should have looked into it more lol thanks, looking for a dohc can i put an svt 6 speed into a ztech dohc zx3??
knock it off! stop being dumb. better yet be smart buy my car it has a six speed already swapped in. 8)

Drunk posting is getting old/annoying ... maybe if you'd post an adult F/S thread you'd get actual interest. Being I've been looking for awhile, I would have considered your car, had you been able to form a sentence rather than a garbled mess of letters/numbers.
ya'know :shock:

Far as the trans's go.
Buy what belongs in the car, only.
I don't know if the IB5 will mate to the zetec. I bet it would with a little effort and swapping parts. But it's just not worth the trouble IMO. MTX-75 is bolt in easy and plentiful.
Yes you can swap in a Getrag with work. But why? You are on a budget and it's not like Getrags just fall from the sky and every JY has several of them.

If you want a bulletproof rebuilt box, look up Terry Haines. IIRC he'd said for around $1,500 one can be had.
--John
focinite

not drunk posts. i didnt think about selling mine till .....well i spose your right......dammit!!!!
with this trans thing your are going to work, you need to find a way to mate the clutch(kinda easy, no piloit hole).
the regular twin cam is all out of steam around 5800 rpm. the svt goes to about 6800 for it loses breath. the six speed is geared to keep the svt in the higher R's the ztech works good down low. i have heard of some swappin the mtx75 into a svt. i know it sounds cool and all that jazz, but for a car you are gonna drive, keep it simple. there are more parts available for the five speed. now if you want to be cool get a trans from a AWD 5speed 4cyl escape(i know of two of these cars, i sevice them at work)it should be a drop in trans with a out put for the rear. wink wink. 8)
focinite

focinite wrote:
i am sorry. i inferred that your dumb. that was wrong of me and i am sorry. :(
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

focinite wrote:i am sorry. i inferred that your dumb. that was wrong of me and i am sorry. :(
Inferring that someone is dumb is just plan unethical and unacceptable. Now, had you come right out and called him dumb........ :lol:
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust