An interesting repair... need help.

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Well I FINALLY get the damn contour title transferred, and on my way home it started sputtering like it wanted to explode...
Come to find the previous owner decided to re-engineered the main fuel line, that lost a 2 inch section of the hard plastic, with a rubber line and 2 clamps.
Over all I lost a half tank of fuel, and had a half heart attack.
Now I need to fix it, and the part is discontinued.
ANY THOUGHTS??
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

This is the return line right? Or is it the fuel line coming from the pump? That should be a return style system on a 98...

If it's coming from the pump I think I'd source one from a junkyard. If it's a return line maybe you could engineer a slightly more robust setup than the previous owner. :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

Redlineracer12 wrote:This is the return line right? Or is it the fuel line coming from the pump? That should be a return style system on a 98...

If it's coming from the pump I think I'd source one from a junkyard. If it's a return line maybe you could engineer a slightly more robust setup than the previous owner. :lol:
no its the main coming in. an idea that was brought to me is just put another filter in.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Good luck clamping it down without a leak and without ruining the hose clamp! You've gotta' remember that it's a pressure line. I'm not sure how much fuel pressure is coming off of the pump, but I would imagine it's somewhere between 30-60 psi. You could always grab a piece of rubber fuel hose that fits tightly over the line from Auto Zone and double or triple clamp it on each side. Make sure you buy fuel line that is rated for pressure if you go that route. Good luck sir!
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

riiiiiiight...
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

You can buy that line in bulk and just make an entire new section. Least that's what I'd do.
--John
Steve@Tasca
Midget

You can get barbed unions to repair those lines.

That looks like it was cut, how did that happen again?

Edit- just re-read your post. I may have that splice kit if you want to try it.

Edit- nevermind, Ford has discontinued them. Check with Napa they may have them.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:You can get barbed unions to repair those lines.

That looks like it was cut, how did that happen again?

Edit- just re-read your post. I may have that splice kit if you want to try it.

Edit- nevermind, Ford has discontinued them. Check with Napa they may have them.
It looks like it broke, or previously kinked and then broke, from my end. there was a piece of heater core style hose and 2 clamps on it, and they wore, cracked and started leaking bad.
I'm going to see if I can find a piece of the plastic hose tomorrow and replace the 12" section entirely. For now... she sits. once fixed, she is going back on the selling block though... this car is jinxed... and it driving me insane.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The repair unions Ford used to have worked great, I would seriously look around for a splice kit.

focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

summit has AN fittings for this exact applicae. if it were my self i wouold use this a reason to upgrade to a larger line all together, i only assume this is getting the common csvt engine upgrade......git some braided line and some AN ends that fit the filter and both ends of the lines. vwalla fixed and you dont have to worrie about it when upgrade time comes,cus it will......oh it will. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

tousley has gotten fuel line repair kits from napa before that work fine. its a barb like what we used to sell, but is still available from napa. just get the right size for the line
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

FocusMech.73155 wrote:tousley has gotten fuel line repair kits from napa before that work fine. its a barb like what we used to sell, but is still available from napa. just get the right size for the line
perfect, ty
Steve@Tasca
Midget

FocusMech.73155 wrote:tousley has gotten fuel line repair kits from napa before that work fine. its a barb like what we used to sell, but is still available from napa. just get the right size for the line
See 8)

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

oh and FYI car will only be seeing, intake, exhaust and sounds mods. nothing else. family car.