svt tranny in a zx3

For your Ford Focus related discussion
VonRipper
Car: 01 black ZX3

delete thanx
Last edited by VonRipper on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 zx3 Murdered Out
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Kinda.....

Why though?
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

The MTX75 is a better transmission for the most part...
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I've had both and while I do like my Getrag I will say that the MTX is the better highway transmission.

Many people think that having that 6th gear means easy freeway cruising but it doesn't, The Getrag is pretty high strung.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

the 6 speed is fine for the st170 as it has high rpm and fat mid range power. on paper the 6 gear is beter as it has 2 counter shafts witch in turn double overdrives( i do belive 4th is overdriven as well as 6th) a hyperactive N/A set up could make use of the 6 speed. the mtx75 is rebuildable, this means its better. the g treg reman can gfo as high as 2grand, i think a reman mtx75 is like 700 bucks. there are upgrades for th3 75 like a 4.06 counter chaft upgrade, or the lsd is far more affordable, you can find aftermarket cv shafts for it. the list goes on and on. i did a svt swap to my car and i regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no cams,no heads,no exhaust...only boost and spray. i can do the vct delete but then i need to get cams that work with a single runner intake, then tune it......see just leave it the way it is and get a mustang or a s10 v8 swap or some thing, a focus willllllllllllllllllllll never beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fast, and if it is then you cant drive it on the street. i need to take a shit, im pissed!!!!!!!!!! i hate my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Image wink wink.....bitches
VonRipper
Car: 01 black ZX3

thanx a bunch guys i will be staying with my regular transmission much appreciated, you guys are a lot more help than the honda guys when i had a del sol lol
01 zx3 Murdered Out