bflesher's build

For your Ford Focus related discussion
bflesher

I should be getting the dampers on the 31(jan) and any help is appreciated. I currently am on winter lay off so until I get called back I've got the time. Warning though, the garage is not heated and the lighting sucks.
bflesher

Dampers showed up today but with no bump stops which are on the way from Eibach. FedEx had repackaged them for shipping and must have misplaced the bump stops. So, more reason to procrastinate.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Ok, so I guess I have Thurs off only.
PM me your address and phone # and I'll swing by, probably late afternoon'ish if that's fine by you.
--John
bflesher

Pm'd
bflesher

Update while waiting for Iminhell, 4 hours into it, rear sway bar is off and ready for new energy suspension greaseable links/end links, 1 rear shock off, 1 broken lca bolt needing to be ground off at the nut and 1 finger tip possibly broken awaiting the ride to the clinic to find out for sure. so far been a great day. :)
bflesher

Finger tip bone broken and nail pushed through top of finger, rear suspension removed and ready for new. Right thumb smashed today. What the f@@k was Ford thinking on these bolts/nuts? Had to cut every bolt except for the sway bars. And another 2 hours or so cutting, chiseling, hammering, prying the rear shock nuts of the knuckle and had to cut the shock bolt on one side also as it was completely seized in the bushing. So at this point waiting till tuesday for John, not sure if I have anymore fingers I want to offer up to the car god's for now.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Don't blame Ford, Blame Minnesota.

Stuck suspension hardware is par for the course on almost any car that lives through a few of our winters.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
bflesher

Yes and no. I have used a 4' breaker on bolts before to break them loose but with this car the bolts just snap and half the time they come out you can't reuse it because the threads are jacked. I'd shake my fist but my fingers hurt to much if I shake my fist.
bflesher

front ready for new stuff, just need to assemble front struts when boots/stops get here wednesday and have hubs pressed in.
PBZX3

Breaking off bolts is good. Then the get replaced with new ones that you can put grease or anti seize on the treads so next time it's much easier.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
bflesher

From the condition of any of the bolts I've taken out I don't know if I would reuse any of them anyway. The car gods laugh me thinks.
bflesher

Everything ready to be installed. Here's a pic of the rear shocks with Rancho boots from O'reilly's.Image

here a pic for reference of how much of the stock bump stop I cut - Image
bflesher

Huge thanks to iminhell for the help, my fingers love you!

RS springs with Eibach pro dampers ride great, firmer then the SVT but not harsh. SVT front brakes added, already had the rears, a little better but no pedal feel since I now lost the stainless brake lines up front but so far like it. Ride height pretty much seems unchanged to the eye but maybe it will settle. Found out rear camber is off so I need to get the bolts and add those and maybe I'll at least line the rear spring bottom coil because now has a clunk. I'll post pics later.
bflesher

Saga continues. On the way home alignment shop caliper came loose shearing off bolts binding on rotor rotating it down tearing off hose and then punching thorough wheel. Awaiting parts and new wheel(wonder when the rota's will show) but installed the rear camber bolts at least. Luckily this happened only about 1 1/4 miles from the house so the tow wasn't to bad and the speed was low. Also I think that damn squeak is the upper rear control arm to frame bushing so going to soak the shit out of that hoping. Sometimes I wish I drank lol.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Holy WOW! :shock:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........