Rear wiper question

For your Ford Focus related discussion
spots25

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
oCancerPatiento wrote:
spots25 wrote:One thing about the edge wiper though, I had to clearance mine so the top of the wiper wiped the top of the window.
I was going to pick one up this week for my wifes wagon and was wondering what modifying you had to do?
The Edge wiper doesn't fit the wagon, it's too long.
When I first bought it, it was for my zx3 (I had the Kona) but recently pulled it off and put it on my wagon. I haven't noticed that it was too long or didn't work, in fact I didn't notice it at all (which probably means it worked). I won't be home for a while to take pictures.

To be honest, I don't exactly remember what I did. There was some plastic in there somewhere that was keeping it from having enough clearance to spring all the way to the window. Seems to me I fixed it with a pocketknife (dremel tool = faster?)
00' Kona
Steve@Tasca
Midget

spots25 wrote:To be honest, I don't exactly remember what I did. There was some plastic in there somewhere that was keeping it from having enough clearance to spring all the way to the window. Seems to me I fixed it with a pocketknife (dremel tool = faster?)
Well if you had to trim it then it's not a direct fit is it :? :wink:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
spots25

I didn't trim the length of the wiper, and I did it on my ZX3 a couple years before I pulled the arm off and put it on the wagon. So if it isn't a 'direct fit' on my zx3, it isn't a direct fit on any focus. The problem was, is the wiper blade wasn't touching the top of the window because the hinge/spring part ran out of travel to make the wiper go in that far. I clearanced something, and it worked fine. I have since put the wiper/arm on the wagon, and didn't notice it not working, so I assume it is fine. I'll know for sure next time I make it home and actually see it to verify.
00' Kona
spots25

Dammit, I got home and apparently I never tried to use the rear wiper, because it is too long. I should know better than to disagree with Steve about anything! :oops:
00' Kona
Timmers
Car: 2002 Ford Focus Wagon

Yea, I got my new wipers yesterday from Steve.

For the Focus wagon, the Ford Flex rear blade works for the rear of the wagon.

No spacing needed for me when we installed this, and it works/bends perfectly with the shape of the glass.

Karcas
Car: 2010 SES Silver sedan

Looks great!
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

What is Alan holding in that picture
Timmers
Car: 2002 Ford Focus Wagon

haha, umm... the pink checkered floor mat my dad had in the back end I didn't want in the picture.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

spots25 wrote:Dammit, I got home and apparently I never tried to use the rear wiper, because it is too long. I should know better than to disagree with Steve about anything! :oops:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

well. that timmers wagon rear flex wiper mod sure popped up at a convenient time :lol:
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake