Site is back up and mine started this morning

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

trahma wrote:
iminhell wrote:To the wheel/s.
I'm not actually 200 that I can prove yet. 185-190 I can though. Should be able to hit 200 if I add more timing, which I have no reason to do right now.
Compression, porting and E-85 do wonders on a hacked SVT ... SVT head, standard block and no VCT.
typically if you can prove a number, it's a flat number because you've ran it on a dyno of some sort.
07 ST S.A.P.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:. . . i likes ehm all smarts an what noughts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess it's true, opposites do attract don't they? :lol:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

CleanZX3 wrote:
trahma wrote:
I'm not actually 200 that I can prove yet. 185-190 I can though. Should be able to hit 200 if I add more timing, which I have no reason to do right now.
Compression, porting and E-85 do wonders on a hacked SVT ... SVT head, standard block and no VCT.
typically if you can prove a number, it's a flat number because you've ran it on a dyno of some sort.
:mrgreen:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

trahma wrote:

Really :shock:

MAF data, and corrected to at the flywheel power (which can be just as good if you know how to work with it :D )
--John
Steve@Tasca
Midget

iminhell wrote:
trahma wrote:

MAF data, and corrected to at the flywheel power (which can be just as good if you know how to work with it :D )
I'm confused, are you saying you're estimating horsepower with MAF data?

I'm sure I'm an idiot but I'd have to see a real dyno chart as proof before I'd believe it.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

iminhell wrote:
trahma wrote:

I'm in the save boat as Steve.. you're using data of air passing through your MAF to calculate horsepower? I'm not mechanic but that doesn't seem possible.
reconstruction.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

It's entirely possible.

But here is the last actual dyno, but this was on the SVT IM and not the FRIM:

Basically if you want to use MAF data you have to Multiply the air flow by your Lambda at that air flow. So if you're taking in 15 #/min and are running a 0.82 Lambda, you can say you are making the power of 12.3 #/min ... or ~123hp (the hp #'s are actually based of CFM, which is #/min * 10 roughly).
I pull, on the top end, about 26 #/min worth of air and am shooting for a Lambda of 0.82, but it goes a little rich at times still, 0.80.
If you know how the math works it's a very good and accurate way to estimate power.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

good god!!! you must have all the girls just beatin down your door!!!!!! it makes sense but where did you find/come up with the math fer that? :shock:
Image wink wink.....bitches