ZX3 Brakes

For your Ford Focus related discussion
in.focus
Car: 2004 Black ZX3 2.3

For you non-SVT guys, what rotors and pads do you run in your DD Foci? Also, where did you purchase your brake parts from? Thanks for any help!
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I've always just run the BAT Inc. Special Mintex Rotors and pads for $109 for the special.
http://208.109.215.220/files/focus.pdf
Slower than your stock focus.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

I just use the Motorcraft stuff and I pick it up from Tousley. Seems to work just fine.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

napa rotors and green stuff ebc pads no need to temp up the pad these f-ers bite and bite now. napa rotors are thicker than factory units this is needed to shed heat. cross drilled rotors are a exploded rotor and a very rolled over car waiting to happen.
Image wink wink.....bitches
in.focus
Car: 2004 Black ZX3 2.3

Any more pad suggestions? I need something with good stopping power (occasional autox) but also streetable.

While we're talking brakes...How about fluid? Brand preferences? DOT3, 4, 5, 5.1?
focinite

in.focus wrote:Any more pad suggestions? I need something with good stopping power (occasional autox) but also streetable.

While we're talking brakes...How about fluid? Brand preferences? DOT3, 4, 5, 5.1?
you only have 2 options.....dot 3 or 4, any other is either noncompatible or not streetable. go with four its like three but better. :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:
in.focus wrote:Any more pad suggestions? I need something with good stopping power (occasional autox) but also streetable.

you only have 2 options.....dot 3 or 4, any other is either noncompatible or not streetable. go with four its like three but better. :lol:
^^^^^^
He knows, his stereo goes all the way to eleven :shock:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite

try sixty 8) .......wait what happened? :? also hawk makes a good set of pads and rotors. also look at gittin braided lines fron and back. it makes a differance. asslow look at BAT.INC they have an affordable (600 bucks) big brake upgrade with dual piston calipers.
rallyrussel
Car: 04 2.3L rally x car

Ford heavy duty brake fluid is the way to go highest boiling point of any cheap fluids. Also I like axxis ult or proterfield R4-S pads for a primarily DD that sees some light track time. The pads work great cold and can deal with a good deal of heat before any hint of fade. I agree with others on keeping plain rotors... there is a reason that Porsche switches the stock drilled ones for plain rotors on the race cars.