Hi Performance Fusion

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

I think far more people price point shop than you'd think. And those would be shoppers looking for a mustang, might buy a sedan if they find out it'll outrun the v6 they were looking at, especially if they cant' afford the gt option for the mustang.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Miller wrote:I think far more people price point shop than you'd think. And those would be shoppers looking for a mustang, might buy a sedan if they find out it'll outrun the v6 they were looking at, especially if they cant' afford the gt option for the mustang.
Sorry but I deal with more Mustang owners than probably anyone in the country and for the most part guys that buy Mustangs buy them because they want Mustangs, not because they're shopping a price point.

If I was shopping for a new three door hatch I wouldn't lok twice at a four door sedan even at the same price point, I just don't want one.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

I suppose you're right. It's a lot different than when you're in college and stuck to a price point that you can be financed to.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Miller wrote:Again, when my brother was looking at new cars, a guy at the dealership had said because they didn't want a mid size car competing with the mustang. If they offered a manual AWD 260ish hp fusion, the base mustang probably wouldn't have sold very well. Might just be a rumor or fallacy but makes sense to me.
Sorry, makes no sense at all in the real world.

Someone shopping for a Mustang isn't cross shopping four door sedans, this was the same argument people used whenever people bring up the Focus ST/RS.

Someone shopping for a hot hatch probably isn't looking at Mustangs OR Fusions.

I disagree Steve. Maybe a majority of people shopping Mustangs simply want a Mustang. However I'm sure if there were more options for performance vehicles that also offered more practicality (4 doors) it would definitely impact the sales of their other performance vehicles (Mustang).
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote: I disagree Steve. Maybe a majority of people shopping Mustangs simply want a Mustang. However I'm sure if there were more options for performance vehicles that also offered more practicality (4 doors) it would definitely impact the sales of their other performance vehicles (Mustang).
Says the guy that owns a four door. :-P

Redlineracer12
I is speshul

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Redlineracer12 wrote: I disagree Steve. Maybe a majority of people shopping Mustangs simply want a Mustang. However I'm sure if there were more options for performance vehicles that also offered more practicality (4 doors) it would definitely impact the sales of their other performance vehicles (Mustang).
Wish the Cougar was a 4 door too, maybe I wouldn't hate it so much :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Wish the Cougar was a 4 door too, maybe I wouldn't hate it so much :lol:
You hate the Cougar because it's a girls car.

spots25

If they made a fast fusion with AWD and a manual, the only vehicle it would steal sales from is Subaru
00' Kona
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

spots25 wrote:If they made a fast fusion with AWD and a manual, the only vehicle it would steal sales from is Subaru
cant say for sure. subie is coming out with that two door ugly duck toyota colaberastion thing, like thats not aimed at at mustang. its all on the person, for the most part they buy what they re lookin fer, untill they see somthing else they want. i feel that a awd lighting would steal sales from the mustang up here where as down south not soo much. its hard to say why ford does what it do. with the eco boost i feel a need for the return of the svo mustang screw the fusion, or how about the ranger replacement? 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Redlineracer12
I is speshul

I think they should re introduce the ranger as an F100, then they can use the numbers to contribute to the "F-series is the best selling line of trucks".
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

Wish the Cougar was a 4 door too, maybe I wouldn't hate it so much :lol:[/quote]

You hate the Cougar because it's a girls car.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
goinloco1

fusion sport has alot of differences over the regular fusion...
3.5 duratec, 263hp/249tq
6 spd manualmatic tans
smoked chrome
way more sound deadening
springs, shocks, swaybars

And my fwd sport was running consistent 9.8s in the 1/8.. completely stock