code reader

For your Ford Focus related discussion
STtuner05

anyone have a code reader i could borrow or rent?? i would just take the car in but lets just say its not in condition to make it anywhere (not that it cant i just dont know exactly what is wrong i just dont want anything more to go wrong)

p.s. right now it starts up just fine but only runs for a second or 2 before it dies, it can stay running if you push on the gas but kinda rough. dont want to run it unless i need to.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

MAF problem..?
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
STtuner05

thats what i was thinking but it seems to be more extreme then that, this weekend im going to check out the MAF and change all sparkplugs. i really dont have time till then.
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

Where do you live? I have a couple scanners.
TURBO BABY!!!
STtuner05

im up in Lino Lakes, but i am already getting my hands on a reader this afternoon. so far spark plugs replaced and helped a little but still a little idel problem with a cel still. im thinking it has to do something with the intake somewhere, we will see.
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

ok sounds good. Hope it works out for ya and you can find the problem. I am not far from Lino Lakes so if you need something else let me know.
TURBO BABY!!!
STtuner05

lol now its just working with the ford techs to try and figure what is wrong with it, i keep getting a PO511 code, idle air control circuit malfunction.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

ha. look at the pcv elbow. sounds like a vac leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches