Not sure of your thoughts, but...

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
sc0tty8

I figure I would get my thoughts into the air.

I don't like rice.
I don't like body kits.
I don't care about painted interior parts.
I don't care about wings.
I HATE clear tail lights and the like.
I don't like it when people ask me if I plan to put a body kit on my car.

I do like cars.
I do like car stereos.
I do want to add real performance parts to my car.
I do want to make my car slighty faster then stock.

Pretty looking cars do not spark my interest.
Performance sparks my interest.

That being said, my ar will not be an "all show" car, or, a poser, as I like to call them. I would ratehr drive a totally stock looking zx3 with work under the hood then a poser mobile.
gheycobra
Car: 03' Cobra 7 05' WRX STi

I think you need to understand that our cars are pretty much the same as any riced out car out there. Also, I am getting the feeling that you don't want your car to stand out from all of the other family focus drivers out there. I think that you need to go to a car show. If have gone to one, make sure that your eyes are open.
sc0tty8

Fordfocuszts wrote: I think you need to understand that our cars are pretty much the same as any riced out car out there.

Our cars as in your car, or? I know my car next to a riced out poser boy car is not rice.
Fordfocuszts wrote: Also, I am getting the feeling that you don't want your car to stand out from all of the other family focus drivers out there.

My car does stand out from other focus cars, not a lot, but, it is not the same as every other zx3 out there. So far I have tinted the windows and de-badged it, I will be smoking my amber lights on the front, removing the factory fogs and lower grill and replacing it with a non factory fog grill and have recessed driving lights behind that grill. I also polant to pain the eye brows on my head lights to match my black paint.
Fordfocuszts wrote: I think that you need to go to a car show. If have gone to one, make sure that your eyes are open.

My eyes where open, they where restored and built muscle cars I went to see. Pretty cracker jack cars don't impress me one bit.

I like cars with clean lines with subtle changes over stock, nothing over dramatic, and nothing gawdy. Out of all the cars I have seen in the members section, the only one I like is umdivx's. His car is a perfect example that you don't need obnoxious body panels and such to look good. By far one fo the best cars I have seen, and people that know me, know I am hard to impress.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

I see no reason for this post other than to stop pointless drama. I'll admit there are some cars in the club I'd definitely modify different, but you won't hear me calling them out unless I feel it's deserved. You listed your preferences. How about I call you a ricer for installing a stereo because all it does is add weight to your car?

I'm a fan of style. I'm generally not a fan of clear tail lights, but on a select few cars I've seen them look good. The same goes for interiors, body kits, etc.

If you don't like the cars here you can leave if you like. Blah blah blah.. I don't like rice.. but I'm going to get eyelids. Seriously, any day you think my "pretty cracker jack car" has no performance, let me know, I'll be glad to hand you your car's ass back.
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: I see no reason for this post other than to stop pointless drama. I'll admit there are some cars in the club I'd definitely modify different, but you won't hear me calling them out unless I feel it's deserved. You listed your preferences. How about I call you a ricer for installing a stereo because all it does is add weight to your car?

I'm a fan of style. I'm generally not a fan of clear tail lights, but on a select few cars I've seen them look good. The same goes for interiors, body kits, etc.

If you don't like the cars here you can leave if you like. Blah blah blah.. I don't like rice.. but I'm going to get eyelids. Seriously, any day you think my "pretty cracker jack car" has no performance, let me know, I'll be glad to hand you your car's ass back.

I didn't realize the quest for superior sound was rice...lol...

I am not going to get eye lids, I am going to paint the inside of my headlights black to match my car(simular to eye lids), no vynil on my car.

I also never said that my car was fast, it really seams my thoughts on cars really hit your sore nerve?

I could prob go thru the member pics and point fingers and say whos car is rice and whos is not, if we really wanted to get technical about adding weight to a car, all them spoilers, body kits, and excess paint and under body light kits add up in weight.

I am sorry that my opnion hit your sore nerve, I never even mention my car being remotely quick at all and your talking about racing. Lemme guess....honk 3 times and go from a roll? :lol:
trahma
has a blownup bomb

The only nerve you hit is that you made an attempt to insult the entire forum. Stating that you looked at the member gallery and only actually like one car. You gave the impression that you think the majority of the cars here are rice.

When you come to the club I run and insult the majority of the cars, yes, I call that hitting a nerve.
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: The only nerve you hit is that you made an attempt to insult the entire forum. Stating that you looked at the member gallery and only actually like one car. You gave the impression that you think the majority of the cars here are rice.

When you come to the club I run and insult the majority of the cars, yes, I call that hitting a nerve.

I am talking about the whole focus crowd in general.

I go from forum to forum looking at the cars, and looking to see who did what to the motors and it just turns into a huge pic fest.

I see more dressed up cars then I see any with streetable perfomrance, k&n and msd igntion is not performnace add ons in my eyes.

I have been having a heck of a time tracking down what makes a zetec go, at least when I had my tbird there was a large portion of people that knew the 302 can be made quicker and did so.

I have yet to stumble across a forum where people are actually putting money into the motor, and I am not talking just a turbo or a super charger, I am talking heads and cams, I would rather make some more na power and get good flow thru my motor before I go an add in any type of forced induciton or spend money on a body kit or the time to paint my interior. I think ford did a great job with my interior color wise. I really like the black on black.

I would really like top see a crowd of people that spend money on real mods to make their street car quicker.

I ahve seen you car in the members galleries i think if you lost the door ding strip your car would look really good, especially with some darker windows.
Last edited by sc0tty8 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I'd say its pretty insulting to have a person say i like one car here so i check it out everyday and tell everyone that they suck and my clean looking stock car is best. Look at old pictures of my car with lightweight rims and nothing else to give you any idea that it hit 221 whp and 250 lb-ft on the dyno at 4K. then tell me who is all show and no go. Yeah, its riced with my FOMOCO S2 lip kit and (soon to have) wing. Ricers make the world go round. Ricers win trophys at shows not stock cars. Show your car you will see. I can see stock foci at the dealerships.
Slower than your stock focus.
sc0tty8

Louis Zerr wrote: I'd say its pretty insulting to have a person say i like one car here so i check it out everyday and tell everyone that they suck and my clean looking stock car is best. Look at old pictures of my car with lightweight rims and nothing else to give you any idea that it hit 221 whp and 250 lb-ft on the dyno at 4K. then tell me who is all show and no go. Yeah, its riced with my FOMOCO S2 lip kit and (soon to have) wing. Ricers make the world go round. Ricers win trophys at shows not stock cars. Show your car you will see. I can see stock foci at the dealerships.

I dind't point fingures at anyone and say anthing. Nor did I say my car was the best. I just said I like cars with sublt changes, clean flowing lines ect...

Stock cars win a lot of trophies at shows. I also never said my car would be at a car show.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well you have to ask the right questions to get the answers you are looking for. Yeah, my car is silver on the outside. On the inside its not just a turbo kit, but JE pistons, Eagle Rods. Ported '00 intake. 9:1 compression for my boost. ACT Stage 2 street clutch, Quaife LSD. only the machine work and piston/rod install was done by a shop. So yeah, there are serious car guys here, and as far as mods, you always have to start somewhere. I started with a Ractive intake, and Alpine Stereo and sub. Just cause its not your style, doesn't mean you insult the best group of information and help you can get. I am not crazy about the major ricers either, but we are like minded individuals. Trying to show them import guys what the domestics can do.
Slower than your stock focus.
trahma
has a blownup bomb

sc0tty8 wrote: blah blah blah blah blah

Allow me to introduce you to the world of the economy car. Our cars barely crack 100whp stock. The people that buy them generally buy them because they're cheap and economical. You expected to find forums full of people hell bent on performance? The *only* way to make decent power out of a Focus is nitrous or boost. I'm sure you'll refer to nitrous as cheating of some sort so we'll just go with boost.

Cams? Headwork? It's a good way to waste your money. Pitch Black put tons of money into his car NA only to turn around and buy a turbo kit. He referred to the difference between my car and his as no comparison. His car was fast for an NA focus. For one that had almost every bolt on done, plus headwork, he barely cracked 150whp.

I've seen people like you time and time again.. "I'm staying N/A". That's fine, you'll have to get used to seeing the tail lights of boosted Foci. We have plenty of cars here that are fast. We've had plenty of boosted cars in the club and have literally torn entire engines apart.

The talk you're giving that is someone that doesn't have money to spend on a vehicle and is bitter at what other people have. Forced induction is too expensive, so you start talking about cheaper alternatives. You gripe about body kits, then talk about using night shades or Krylon.

If you want, I can post pictures of my supercharger, my head swap, or LouisZerr's engine. We could have Doughboy, CleanZX3, andr182, co_macho, or Pitch Black post the same kind of pictures. We have plenty of performance here, you're just not looking in the right places or posting the right questions.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I really don't understand the purpose of this thread. It just seems like your trying to piss people off and start drama??

Rice to everyone is different. So who cares? The way I always thought of rice is a modification that does not improve the performance of your vehicle. If you ask me, painting the inside of your headlights is rice then. Since its not doing a damn thing. And removing your current fogs, and putting on different ones are rice. Because its not doing a damn thing. Call my car rice. I really don't give a shit. My car has big rims and vinyl. And I'm pretty sure this thread was not even remotely resembled towards myself. But I really don't care.
My body kit does not weigh any more then my stock bumpers. So whats the big deal? You bitch about putting on "heavy" body kits. Well throw in a 100lbs ++ stereo. Then why the hell would worry about weight? My rear spoiler weighs no more then 2-3 lbs. And my hood that I'm putting on weighs no more then 5 lbs. So all that weight I put on with my spoiler, gets cancelled out due to the hood. So who gives a shit? Not me. Its all rice anyway.
If your not into our cracker jack toys, then fine. Why did you buy it in the first place. Buy yourself a fucking Camaro and go have fun.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
sc0tty8

I never said anything about nos, I think nos could be a great power adder within reason, but, nos to me, is not worth it, when the bottle is empty, thats it. A cam and exhaust system are there and the power from those are always there.

You can't tell me that putting headwork into a car did not help with the turbo? With forced induciton you what free flowing, get the air in, get the air out, head work should be well worth it, cams on the other hand, you would want a forced induciton cam.

I am not looking to turn my car into the fastest thing on this earth, I am looking to make it go slightly faster then stock, I want to crack 14's with it and I don't want to go forced induction at this time. If I wanted to go forced induciton I would do it, but this car is a daily driver.

If I am going to spend the money on my car to mod it, it will be on real mods, like cams, header, exhaust ect...

When it came to buying a new car, which I have been debating about doing for the last 18 months, I wanted to get a mustang, but, I wanted to drive the car in the winter, a stang would be too nice in my eyes to drive in the winter. Thought about a lightning, truck gas milage+premium fuel costs=ouch, and, again, wouldn't want to drive it in the winter. I have been driving tbirds for the last 5 years, they are nice, roomy, comfy, ride like a living room on wheels, but, unles sit is a v8 or the super charged version, they are dogs, and, even v8 are dogs.

I was also thinking of getting a gtp, but, being that it is forced induction and runs on premium, again, fuel cost is an issue. Also, out of the box, the brakes and suspension are not the best. Thinkingof that brought me to thinking about the gtp as a fwd tbird. GTP's are also in the top 5 for most unreliable cars, and, I am not a fan of the GM club.

I bought this car becasue the price was right, it was 2 door, had a stick, great fuel economy, and, I knew there is an after market for the motor. Members of the focus crowd have been telling me to try one out so I did and now I have one in my driveway.

I just don't want to have a focus, and becasue I own one, I get stereo typed as being a ricer. A lot of decent cars get a bad rep becasue of what a group of people do with them(look at 3rd gen camaros, dubbed, the mullet mobiles), cops some times target the people that drive a car based on what it looks like or the model of the car. So, if I keep a stock looking car I don't attract an unwelcome presence. Besides, sleepers rule!
sc0tty8

this is what sticks in my head...

Focus owners say they wanted to seperate themselves from the import crowd and ricer crowd and they don't want to be like them.

Just think about that statement.

You bought a focus becasue you did not want an import? Where did the focus orig come from? Where is it made? Came from Europe, made in mexico, either way, it IS imported.

Then, look at what the general public of foci owner does to the focus, it is fair to say most of the mods are for show. I see a lot more tutorials on modding the interior and exterior then I do about performance and funcitonality.

I did not make this thread to piss anyone off or to start a flame war, I just wanted to see if there where others out there that shared the same veiws as me, but, I guess not...
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

shut up... man... it is all about being the domanaint male ...think about it, many animals use tools to win domanaince or females, onec you get over the fasct that ether aint gonna happen youll understand that you are building your car for yourself and no one else,,,, some people loke to throw a bonch of stuff at their rides.. some dont...some want loud musik( oh oh oh me me ) you get the picture...stop the haten keep your opinnions to your self unless asked, and build your car the way you want and dont let some one tell you any differantly... this rice bull SH@#! is exactly that if you were to ask some one that grew up build ing v8 9 seconed street cars they would say" why are you wasting money on a hmong rocket?".. so realise that you a building a car,truck,bike...too your tastes no trammas,,not focinites,,, not clean zx3.......and man, the next time i herar that " oh my focus isnt ricy" im gonna freakin puke... ive said it before a hona is a front drive four cyl tunner car(some may call rice), a focus , afront drive 4 cyl tunner car(some may call rice) stop worriing about is my car ricy...cause if it is a sport compct car some bone head is goona call it rice 8).. and scotty if you just do engine mods youll end up with a very loud plian lookin foci that every one is gonna call ricy any way....so chill have beer and a qwallude...and build your ride
Image wink wink.....bitches