Before the return of Winter!

Show off your pictures!!!
Litestorm17
Car: 07 Roush Stage 1 Trib.

Took some shots today before we got dumped on. Instead of posting them to Photobucket, I thought I'd try my Flickr account instead. I'll give you the link for that, because I'd link them all if I could. http://www.flickr.com/photos/litestorm1 ... otostream/
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Nice looking pictures 8)

Didn't realize you were from Virginia, your way up there!
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Litestorm17

Yeah, I'm waaaay up here. And unfortunately, there are no tuners in the area. Just a really riced out Cobalt SS S/C and a ton of old DSM's (none of them the turbo models). Not to mention the average age of Virginia is 65, so...classics are overly abundant. Someone has to let me know when there is a meet somewhere close by so I can check out some new cars. No bashing on classics, but up here...I've seen the same cars for about the last 10 years.
Last edited by Litestorm17 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Car is looking good. This is my favorite of your shots: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/562 ... 2e77_b.jpg

Some of those yard ones have distracting backgrounds. Also looks like you have quite a bit of reflections in your photos, maybe you need a circular polarizer ;)

There was a MN Contour SVT owner up there in Virginia area, but he sold his car a year or two ago.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Patalrob
Borlatap

Most people up there must wonder what kind of car you have :wink:

I do know how you feel about no tuners and alot of classic's. I live in Aitkin so I see more tuner cars than you probably do, but like you said they are kinda clobbered together, sound like they look, and the drivers drive them like they look and sound. :shock:

As for meets I believe that duluth has some type of tuner club.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
Litestorm17

Some of those yard ones have distracting backgrounds. Also looks like you have quite a bit of reflections in your photos, maybe you need a circular polarizer

There was a MN Contour SVT owner up there in Virginia area, but he sold his car a year or two ago.
Thanks, my friend (who is also into Roush's) loves that same shot. I had one for the first few shots, but I removed it because the cloud cover was getting a lot worse, and the sun was going down. I had to keep the shutter open for longer, and I really do not have a very steady hand without the help of a tripod (which I'm borrowing to my friend).

I do remember seeing that Contour SVT around when I was still in high school. I was wondering were that went, because it was a pretty dang nice car.
Most people up there must wonder what kind of car you have

I do know how you feel about no tuners and alot of classic's. I live in Aitkin so I see more tuner cars than you probably do, but like you said they are kinda clobbered together, sound like they look, and the drivers drive them like they look and sound.

As for meets I believe that duluth has some type of tuner club.
Yes, because I have debadged it and replaced it with a single ROUSH badge on the back, a lot of people have come up to me asking me about my car. I've also had several people ask me if it's turbo'd (I WISH SO BADLY THAT IT WAS!!!), because the FSWerks CAI kind of has a whistle when getting in the mid-range.

All of the "tuners" in this area organize in the Thunderbird Mall parking lot, and SIT there from about noon till about 11pm. It starts out with the Cobalt SS, then a Celica GT-S, then onto a completely trashed and rusting foxbody 5.0 'Stang, then a couple of DSMs with unpainted body kits and 4" mufflers. Last but not least, a few lifted mud trucks show up. It's so annoying because the Cobalt SS tried to race me on city streets the other day. He flew past me, going at least 60 in a 30 zone, followed me to a gas station, and then started just revving the hell out of it (he is running straight pipes...). I got kicked out of the gas station because of it. I, in no way, was involved in that race. He was just a dumbass and I got in trouble for it. Now, I'm grouped in with that lot, and I was trying so hard to avoid that!

I have been to the Duluth meets, and...well...yeah. They are all Honda guys. If you don't own a Honda, you're a nobody. So, I've never gone back.
Last edited by Litestorm17 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patalrob
Borlatap

I kinda got that vibe from the duluth guys by watching their forum. They kinda seemed full of themselves... :?

Aitkin is more of a "truck" town than a small car town. I have both and they are reasonably "stock" other than one :wink:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
Litestorm17

Patalrob wrote:I kinda got that vibe from the duluth guys by watching their forum. They kinda seemed full of themselves... :?

Aitkin is more of a "truck" town than a small car town. I have both and they are reasonably "stock" other than one :wink:
They are unbelievable. The only guy that I can talk to is one who has a white relatively stock Cobalt SS T/C. He's pretty down to earth.

Virginia is that way too. Which is kind of sad. If it isn't ricers, it's rednecks...fml
Last edited by Litestorm17 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Litestorm17

I've been having a bit too much fun with Photoshop, and created this from my favorite picture. It's the same pic from my sig, but the full size version.

Patalrob
Borlatap

I like that one. But the light is drawing my eyes to it instead off seeing the rest of the picture.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........