my sisters new 2012 focus!

Show off your pictures!!!
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

The information my buddy got from ford was that the manuel clutches need wear-in time. They recommended to drive it. I haven't gone for a test drive with him, but he says it is a big improvement that what it was, and that it will just get better. I will say.....it is a pretty slick looking ride. I did pull it into a stall. There is more buttons on the steering wheel that there is on the dash of my jeep :D
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

that thing is pretty decked out with buttons for sure! but its not a manual transmission? its an auto..
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Steve@Tasca
Midget

blcksvt2003 wrote:that thing is pretty decked out with buttons for sure! but its not a manual transmission? its an auto..
It's not an old school automatic.

It's an electronically controlled manual transmission.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

what steve said. It is actually a manuel transmission but electronically controled. There are two clutches that disconnect the transmission from the motor while the transmission shifts. one clutch is holding the gear that it was just in and the other clutch is holding the gear that it is shifting to. VW has been using the technology for a couple years now. Its a brand new transmission and new technology that Ford is playing with. Some bugs will need to be worked out, but in the long run it will pay off.
blcksvt2003

wow thats some amazing technology there! my sister got it back yesterday and we took it to treasure island for a friends birthday party. The car feels GREAT! like it should:) very happy with tousley and very happy with the new focus now :) my gfs grandfather is now picking up the focus sel hatch when it comes in to tousley:) i believe they told him it was gonna be about 6 weeks still.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FocusMech.73155 wrote:what steve said. It is actually a manuel transmission but electronically controled. There are two clutches that disconnect the transmission from the motor while the transmission shifts. one clutch is holding the gear that it was just in and the other clutch is holding the gear that it is shifting to. VW has been using the technology for a couple years now. Its a brand new transmission and new technology that Ford is playing with. Some bugs will need to be worked out, but in the long run it will pay off.
Sounds like the transmission in my 4 wheeler :)
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

pics of sister or ban
Dean

blcksvt2003

hafftrak wrote:pics of sister or ban
haha 3rd pic from the top, hands together holding possibly a cell phone? my mother on the left of her, her dude friend on the right and the gray haired 62 yr old man in the back is my father :)
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...
Car: 02 Subaru Outback

Sweet car! Did she let it parallel park for her yet?
Let's go boating.

ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Steve- Any idea on when the ST is to be released?
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
blcksvt2003

ch435 wrote:Sweet car! Did she let it parallel park for her yet?
i honestly dont know if she has that option? she should..if she does she wasnt used it yet haha i was honestly just thinking bout that the other day. gotta check it out!
blcksvt2003

turns out she doesnt have the back up camera so no park assist as well. on anther note..my sisters car was overheating. she was pretty upset at the time. i told her it HAD to be just a thermostat, and that it would be quick and easy. im sure it is easy, but as far as quick :/ ford says 2 weeks to get a thermostat for her car. gotta love havin one of the first models out there :). on a side note..that woman drives like its her job....4k on the car already!! :/ :(