MNFocus Crashing MNFE Spring Meet - April 16

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

I ended up going in to work at 6pm last night and didn't get off until 5am. With last night's weather and a crummy forecast for today, I just decided to sleep in and stay home.
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

i didnt. saw snow last night and decided not to set an alarm even. hello 10 am! lol
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

You know... I bite my tongue a lot on this forum, and I think I'm going to say f*&^ that today.
You all are pathetic.
We ALL drive decent, not even fancy or show cars, and you more than likely drive them in during the winter and you wouldn't come out on CLEAN ROADS. The $#!t melted by 830am on the roads and the snow was gone by noon. I had my SVTF out for the past couple months with my GFORCE TA KDW 2's on IN THE SNOW!

I'm leaving for over a year, and it would have been great to see some of you before I left, because there are some of you I actually like seeing, and a little cold weather denied that from happening... well actually YOU ALL denied that from happening.
That's perfectly ok though.

This Forum has REALLY gone down in the past couple years, and its IMO for the better. And no offense to them, because I am friends with most of the, but its due to the LACK OF LEADERSHIP!
NO ONE RUNS THIS FORUM ANYMORE. They've all moved on, or "grew up." Again, I love those guys, but they do nothing anymore, and you can't have a "club" or whatever with any structure.

So hopefully by the time I get back, SOMEONE takes control of this place, or maybe buys it out.

Call me a cry baby, a hater, a b*&^%, a p$%%&, whatever... I don't care. Something needed to be said...

Thanks
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

Stilz wrote:You know... I bite my tongue a lot on this forum, and I think I'm going to say f*&^ that today.
You all are pathetic.
We ALL drive decent, not even fancy or show cars, and you more than likely drive them in during the winter and you wouldn't come out on CLEAN ROADS. The $#!t melted by 830am on the roads and the snow was gone by noon. I had my SVTF out for the past couple months with my GFORCE TA KDW 2's on IN THE SNOW!

I'm leaving for over a year, and it would have been great to see some of you before I left, because there are some of you I actually like seeing, and a little cold weather denied that from happening... well actually YOU ALL denied that from happening.

This Forum has REALLY gone down in the past couple years, and its IMO for the better. And no offense to them, because I am friends with most of the, but its due to the LACK OF LEADERSHIP!
NO ONE RUNS THIS FORUM ANYMORE. They've all moved on, or "grew up." Again, I love those guys, but they do nothing anymore, and you can't have a "club" or whatever with any structure.

So hopefully by the time I get back, SOMEONE takes control of this place, or maybe buys it out.

Call me a cry baby, a hater, a b*&^%, a p$%%&, whatever... I don't care. Something needed to be said...

Thanks
Rob, it wasn't the roads, the temperature or the shitty weather....it was all of it thrown together. Nobody really likes standing out in the cold BSing *that* much.

And I agree on the lack of leadership, I haven't seen a mod in the get togethers forum since....long ago.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

Stilz wrote:You know... I bite my tongue a lot on this forum, and I think I'm going to say f*&^ that today.
You all are pathetic.

Thanks
WOW. I like that and I've only been here like a year.
Sorry that I didn't make it man, seems like a very big deal to ya, even though I don't think we have met.
SVT Mike

You all are pathetic.

Thanks
Couldn't agree more, disinterested leadership is definitely hurting the forum. Don't pay attention to my join date my previous screen name was deleted, I assume for inactivity. I usually don't sign in,
Formerly Closetfordfan.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

SVT Mike wrote:
You all are pathetic.

Thanks
Couldn't agree more, disinterested leadership is definitely hurting the forum. Don't pay attention to my join date my previous screen name was deleted, I assume for inactivity. I usually don't sign in,

whos this guy ^ :lol: :lol: ;)
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
SMOKEDFSVT
Car: 02 svt. red

chill a bit man. all forums slowly go down hill as the cars get older. just something your going to have to accept. im on another forum where theres literally like 4 users that only have the cars there on the forum to talk about. should be happy with what you have here.
SVT Mike

whos this guy ^ :lol: :lol: ;)
Haha, dick. Lol
Formerly Closetfordfan.
dartfork

SMOKEDFSVT wrote:chill a bit man. all forums slowly go down hill as the cars get older. just something your going to have to accept. im on another forum where theres literally like 4 users that only have the cars there on the forum to talk about. should be happy with what you have here.
^ enggggh - Invalid point - Last time I checked the Ford Focus is a current model

Actually they (MNFORD dudes) say the turnout was relatively good; though it definitely was weak on Focuses (Just Stilz and Me). Considering this was a mutual run of MNFords and MNFocus. It made us (MNFocus) look pretty lame.

Just one question for all that copped out on this: What did you have going on that was cooler than being part of 30+ line of some of the coolest Fords in MN cruising down the highway? If you did have something better to do, congrats, you have my envy. If not, please try to gain some vision.
focusfan
Car: 2001 Silver ZX3

I was going to drive from Wisconsin to meet some of the Focus guys. But then the date was set for the same weekend the girlfriend was coming to visit from across the state. If there's another meet soon I'm definitely going.
BlackSVTGuy

I was going to drive home from school to go. The combination of the weather and my parents weren't even going to be home, and the fact that I am going home for easter made me decide not to.
LadyCobra
Car: 2004 SVT Cobra

Considering the weather we had a great turnout. Throughout the day between the MotorPlex, Brooklyn Center and the Saloon we had over 30 cars. Easily would have had much much much more if the weather had been sunnier out.

We took the Cobra out, got it dirty, didn't care and had fun. Yes it was DAMN cold but we didn't spend as much time outside as we thought we would and kept fairly warm throughout the day thanks to some tours around the Motorplex and their clubhouse, the Brooklyn Center City Hall and of course the Saloon.

Thanks to those that stopped out! We're talking about doing something else either in May or June to make up for the cold weather for our Spring Kick-Off. Hope to see you all then! :D
Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts
http://www.mnfords.com
2004 Comp Orange Cobra - HELLFYR
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

You all are pathetic.

Thanks
I honestly don't appreciate a post like this. I understand that you are frustrated, but I don't think that it is fair that you say "all" of us are pathetic. I had a legitimate reason why I couldn't make it out there and I explained why not. I would have much rather gone than get called back in to work an hour after I got home and staying for another 11 hours. I've been driving my SVTF all winter, but I didn't feel like continuing after 24 hours of not sleeping, especially when the weather predictions were crap and that it had snowed the previous night.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think that part of the post was inconsiderate.

On the other hand, I joined this forum last year and I haven't seen any form of leadership, I wasn't really sure who the mods were/are and there isn't a welcome thread like most other forums. It would be cool if someone stepped forward to take over and it would benefit the community.
Last edited by Macky21 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Macky21 wrote:
You all are pathetic.

Thanks
I honestly don't appreciate a post like this. I understand that you are frustrated, but I don't think that it is fair that you say "all" of us are pathetic. I had a legitimate reason why I couldn't make it out there and I explained why not. I would have much rather gone than stayed get called back in to work an hour after I got home and staying for another 11 hours. I've been driving my SVTF all winter, but I didn't feel like continuing after 24 hours of not sleeping, especially when the weather predictions were crap and that it had snowed the previous night.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think that part of the post was inconsiderate.

On the other hand, I joined this forum last year and I haven't seen any form of leadership, I wasn't really sure who the mods were/are and there isn't a welcome thread like most other forums. It would be cool if someone stepped forward to take over and it would benefit the community.
It's a generalized statement. You had a legitimate reason.

Karl, I know... we can talk more offline about this.

SMOKED, good for you. I've seen what has been happening from (almost) the beginning. So you don't really understand, and if you do, that's nice.