svt build

For your Ford Focus related discussion
SMOKEDFSVT
Car: 02 svt. red

bought a 02 focus svt. needing head work caused by timing ideler pully failure. pistons look to be ok. all 16 valves are bent flat with the head. lol i took them all out and there are a few guides cracked, but i think i may just replace them all. if it comes down to that. i would rather buy a different head, but they are hard to find.

so before i start the head work i was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop that would port and polish the head for me? name location and contact info.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

I'll be entirely honest, everything I've heard about the SVT head is that there is little, if anything to be gained through porting....Cosworth did a pretty good job when they reworked it.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
SMOKEDFSVT

so get it polished if anything, but dont worry about porting?

looking through my intake it looks like it could have a little better flow by the injectors. cause the intake is the two peice one. if you know what i mean.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

There really isn't much work needed to be done to the head unless you were to go for big FI power.

Mybe smooth out some area's as in intake to head lining up. Machining shop I'm not sure of.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
SMOKEDFSVT

Patalrob wrote:There really isn't much work needed to be done to the head unless you were to go for big FI power.

Mybe smooth out some area's as in intake to head lining up. Machining shop I'm not sure of.
ehh i want to go n/a. maybe ill get some boost later but at this time i dont want to.

and thats what i was thinking to smooth the transition from intake to head, maybe the exhaust side to just to do it.
SMOKEDFSVT

think an aftermarket intake would be about the same size as the stock one, as far as the oval on the intake port? i was just thinking if i should port match it to the stock one, or get an aftermarket intake? and match it to that.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

SMOKEDFSVT wrote:think an aftermarket intake would be about the same size as the stock one, as far as the oval on the intake port? i was just thinking if i should port match it to the stock one, or get an aftermarket intake? and match it to that.
if ur meaning the intake manifold its pretty hard to beat the stock svt dual stage intake mani, at least from what i have read over the past yr of owning my svt, could be wrong, im sure someone will chime in if i am :)
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
BlackSVTGuy

Aftermarket CAIs add 1-2 hp at most, not worth the money.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

BlackSVTGuy wrote:Aftermarket CAIs add 1-2 hp at most, not worth the money.
They do sound cool, however.... :lol:
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

tgnorman wrote:
BlackSVTGuy wrote:Aftermarket CAIs add 1-2 hp at most, not worth the money.
They do sound cool, however.... :lol:
2nd that one! and im proud of my 1-2 hp thank you very much :D
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Stay with the stock intake.

If you plan on staying NA just leave the head as is there is really no point into putting 500-1000 into a head thats going to gain you mybe 5-10 hp.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
SMOKEDFSVT

stock intake it is. lol

well i figured id do it while im in there.... and i think just the valves are going to run me at least 500 to be done. so why not throw a few more hundred at it and never have to go in there again.

i think ill be bringing the head to hi tech i think. ive heard good things about them.

but ill get prices first and see what all i may or may not do.
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

I've heard good things about hi tech from mustang guys, and terrible things from GM guys. Seems they make you buy excessive things from them, and I've heard of some reliability issues, but that can happen any time you're modding a car. I'm torn on that place as far as what I've heard but will admit I have never dealt with them, so it's all second hand.
SMOKEDFSVT

still interested in more info. havent had time to call them yet.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

D&G motors in St Louis park does a lot of machine work on import cars. You could look into them as well. I almost had a couple heads rebuilt there, but ended up sending them out to the guy who did my porting the first time.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha