shift cables

For your Ford Focus related discussion
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

oook sooo its tax time, time to get a few things fixed pn the svt, needing new shift cable and am wondering how much it would be for labor to adjust them at tousley? if i were to put them in myself, only thing is...would i even be able to drive it there if i just threw the cables in with whatever adjustment comes with them? or am i better off just bringing it in....any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated, altho it is tax time im still not tryin to pay full soccer mom price for repairs
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

If you can manage to put the new cables in I'm sure you can adjust them yourself. Really isn't that complicated. Basically all it is is pushing a button with the shifter in neutral and releasing the button. 96% of the time that works out. And being you'll have to push the button to install the cables you kinda are adjusting them from the get go.
--John
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

My labor rates are extremely decent....a good 6-pack and some help drinking it is usually enough.

It's really not that hard, just takes a bit of patience.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

tgnorman wrote:My labor rates are extremely decent....a good 6-pack and some help drinking it is usually enough.

that sounds like a deal to me, havent had any experience with this specifically. i will get at you when i get the cables, just let me know what u like to drink sir.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

tgnorman wrote:My labor rates are extremely decent....a good 6-pack and some help drinking it is usually enough.

:lol: x2 on Karl being CHEAP. hehe
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

Stilz wrote:

Oh shush.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

tgnorman wrote:
Stilz wrote:

Oh shush.
You're only allowed to shush me if you have seen me within 30 days. :lol: hit me up sometime bud. We gotta hang out before I leave.