cylinder head install plus other parts install/g2g

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
OrbitusXpandeR

I've got all the tools necessary, although Having something to make swapping the valvetrain easier would be nice.
bflesher

Something more then fingers?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

In that case I'll bring the spring compressor, again ... I did bring it last time too didn't I, mind is going.

We're at you dad's again right?
I'll shoot for being there by 10 - 10:30.Not sure what I'm driving yet ...
Last edited by iminhell on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--John
iminhell

... and not reading page 2 :lol: :lol:

I've gotta work far as I know. So I'm out. I only get every 3rd weekend off. And I really doubt I can get anyone to switch with me.
--John
OrbitusXpandeR

bflesher wrote:Something more then fingers?
I'll tell you what, if you wanna give it a go with nothing more than your itty bitties I'd be more than happy to watch :D

Greg
bflesher

Well maybe them and a needle nose, and maybe a face shield and a pair of safety glass'.
OrbitusXpandeR

Okay, due to scheduling issues for me and others this weekend is a no go. I am going to set a hard date of Feb 19th (Saturday). Anyone who can join is welcome. Thanks again.

Greg
iminhell

FWIW, Brad says he may want to buy that head back.
--John
OrbitusXpandeR

iminhell wrote:FWIW, Brad says he may want to buy that head back.
That would be a good fall back if I feel it necessary. I'm still up in the air as for what to do with it. It really is a good head, it's just been a pain and I'm tired of working on it. I might hold on to it for down the road and see if I can't get a shop to work on it for less than local places have been estimating. As I said, not this coming summer but hopefully next I'll be going FI, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it may wind up being substantially better for that than the FR unit I'm replacing it with, even with the work I'm having done to it. All I know is that I won't be able go FI for at LEAST a year and a half and I simply can't deal with it's drivability in NA form, especially in the winter. The reason I'm waiting so long is that by that time I'll be able to afford all the GOOD components for a turbo system AND another primary vehicle. As the fofo will no longer be my primary vehicle I won't mind having it on stands regularly and taking the time to swap the heads back and forth. We'll see what happens in time. You can still have my stock head, though.

Greg
OrbitusXpandeR

Alright! so the gtg is still this weekend and all the parts are ACTUALLY in. Should I be expecting anybody?
bflesher

Directions from St Paul?
OrbitusXpandeR

the address is 4342 Chowen Ave N, robbinsdale.
My phone number is 6 1 2 - 5 5 8 - 1 8 9 4

Coming from St Paul you;d take 94W to 394W to 100N. Take the france ave exit, right on top of ramp. Left on 45th, and then the second right onto chowen. The sign for chowen ave can be tricky to see, so it's the road immediately after the "Gold Medal" convenience store on the left side of the rd.

Hope to see you there!

Greg
iminhell

So it is at your dad's again. I should be there, at least I'm planning on it ... being you kinda rescheduled around my schedule it's only right, right. LOL
--John
OrbitusXpandeR

iminhell wrote:So it is at your dad's again. I should be there, at least I'm planning on it ... being you kinda rescheduled around my schedule it's only right, right. LOL
Good stuff. If you do make it do you think you could bring your dremel again? Just in case we have to do some more "clearancing." I've got an air die grinder but I've got vague memories of having issues with it last time I used it and I don't really want to rely on it. If not, though, no worries. Oh, and CFM got a new run of oil pump gears in so that's back on the docket as well.

Greg
iminhell

I'd planned on bringing the dremel anyways, just in case. Good thing you have sooooo many buckets to play with, LOL.
--John