Sticky Gas Pedal

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

So I've noticed recently that my gas pedal has been acting funny. It seems to happen when its raining outside and more so now in the winter. When I'm driving for an extended period of time, usually highway driving, when the pedal is in the same position for a while holding highway speeds. When I pull of and come to a stop, the next time I push my gas pedal, it feels like its stuck, so I have to push harder and it usually results in my over revving. Any ideas?

Also, the foot plate on my clutch pedal seems to be loose, I haven't gone in there to take a close look yet to see if a screw is loose, but it just tilts up and down, not by much though
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Try cleaning out your throttle body housing, they get kind of gunked up over time.

As for the clutch pedal? I bet the clutch master is leaking or it was leaking and the hydraulic fluid is eating the rubber of the pedal pad, I doubt the pedal itself is broken.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Macky21

Its the clutch pedal itself, the actual foot plate, it tilts on a swivel almost
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Did you replace your stock one with a Toyota one? lol

The pedal just kind of works on a lever. Maybe get under there and check if anything is binding
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

My pedal would stick really bad in the cold and I replaced my thrtottle body with a metal one. My other focus is doing it really bad also and I tried to clean that one out but still sticky.
TURBO BABY!!!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

If it's a stock TB that's sticking and cleaning it doesn't help you can adjust the throttle stop screw which usually helps. If it's an aftermarket TB you can do the same thing in most cases.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
bflesher

The sticking pedal may also be due to moisture in the cable freezing. And the clutch i think is one molded unit but not sure, just from what i remember from looking at them while installing the wideband.
Macky21

Took my car to the dealership and they said my throttle body is dirty and beyond cleaning, looks like I'll be getting a ported TB now!
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Macky21 wrote:So I've noticed recently that my gas pedal has been acting funny. It seems to happen when its raining outside and more so now in the winter. When I'm driving for an extended period of time, usually highway driving, when the pedal is in the same position for a while holding highway speeds. When I pull of and come to a stop, the next time I push my gas pedal, it feels like its stuck, so I have to push harder and it usually results in my over revving. Any ideas?
You sure you don't have a Toyota?!? :lol:
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust