Set up for road racing/touge

For your Ford Focus related discussion
lox222
Car: 2006 red ST with the SAP

Anyone on here had the chance to play around with different types of tires. I'm looking for tires but not sure what to get. I was looking at the BF Goodrich g-Force T/. I will be finishing up my suspension with new springs and adjustable shocks/struts. Don't like what I got on there now. and tubular control arms.
IT'S A FOCUS NOT AN FUCKING EVO!!!!
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Touge?

You do know you have a focus right?
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

At the moment, I have Firestone Firehawk GTA tires on my car. Got them with my focus, and they ride very nice. I do not approve of them for winter though. That first big snowfall of the year had me a little scared to drive my car.

Also, never had bad luck with any Khumo tire, even though I know almost everyone on here hates them.
lox222

Pappy wrote:Touge?

What's your point? Because I don't have Japanese car I can't touge race?
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

lox222 wrote:

And where are you finding these narrow winding roads to do this on? Ain't much for mountains around here last I checked.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

WTF is Touge? I guess I'm not hip with this kidster lingo.

But if your messing with tires and componds, I'm guessing it might be similar to autoX, in which you would want something like that? Direzza's, Azeni's, Kuhmo XS's etc would be good.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

WASaZX3pos wrote:At the moment, I have Firestone Firehawk GTA tires on my car. Got them with my focus, and they ride very nice. I do not approve of them for winter though. That first big snowfall of the year had me a little scared to drive my car.

Also, never had bad luck with any Khumo tire, even though I know almost everyone on here hates them.
It depends on the Kumho, ASXs are good, MXs seem popular, ASTs suck big time.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

o2designs wrote:WTF is Touge?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%8Dge

"Stemming from this surge in popularity, the term has been pirated and misused by overzealous enthusiasts (often incorrectly as a verb) to erroneously describe almost any event involving street racing, even when there are no mountain passes involved."
Dean

lox222

zurno wrote:
lox222 wrote:

And where are you finding these narrow winding roads to do this on? Ain't much for mountains around here last I checked.
There are some very good roads around. You just have to find them. Two very good ones are just out side the 694 loop out here by me about a mile long no houses or nothing by them (yet) We have a few other across the border around a lake. Half an hour drive out. khumos are no good. I think I have tried almost every one and just don't like them. Just seeing what you guys are running for tires. Looking for something new that I might not of heard of yet. This is touge racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UQ8OsF2dM
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

so its a road course with all sorts of windy curves, that's narrow? Thats what I got out of it.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
o2designs

Hmmm, well what is everyone else run that your illegally racing against? Maybe they've got opinions.

Have you actually tried these Kuhmo's? They are comparaible to the Falken Azeni...

Or you've got Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Dunlep Direzza Z1SS, Falken Azeni, or Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08. All high grip tires for track use. All these are useless tho in this cold weather.

Becareful, please don't kill or harm innocent people while your out being stupid doing this shit....thanks.
lox222

I ran the Yokohama ADVAN this summer and I love them. The ride is so much better. I might try them again. It was just night and day with them. It did not feel like I was riding in a go cart. Thats what turn me away from Kuhmo. I was trying to find a tire that made my car ride nice and smooth but was able to handle the track too. My goal is to build my car to be track ready as much as it can be but still have that really smooth everyday drive feel to it.
o2designs

Thats just ignorant but whatever...
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Is the Ecsta XS replacing the Ecsta MX?
Dean

lox222

Why all the crap. I just ask for some input about what tires you guys are running now a days. I did not ask for all the other BS. If you can't give good information and have to bag on everyone that ask something on here don't say anything. This is why this site is going to hell. Because every time someone ask something the same people only talk BS and don't have anything good to add to a post. And not everything I do is illegal. Every time I say something you guys turn it into it being illegal. If you got issues talk to me about it face to face. Cut the crap.