HID Headlights

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Glass Joe

I've been able to get the black bent back (probably too far) to where I can get the tiny screw driver under the lens and inside the housing to fully break the silicone, but still cannot get anything more than the bottom edge.
2K4 JRSC SVT // 2K7 SES ZX3
USARice

There's a great thread on FF about this; thankfully I had this saved in my favorites.....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/show ... hp?t=59986

Hope this helps....
Glass Joe

Yeah, I followed that to pretty much a T and still cannot get it to really come apart.

Would anyone be interested in busting these out for me? Ill potentially be in the Twin Cities this weekend. Im sure I can paint them and seal them back up myself, but I guess Im too much of a tard to get them apart.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

Glass Joe wrote:Yeah, I followed that to pretty much a T and still cannot get it to really come apart.

Would anyone be interested in busting these out for me? Ill potentially be in the Twin Cities this weekend. Im sure I can paint them and seal them back up myself, but I guess Im too much of a tard to get them apart.
im sure its a matter or force and confidence possibly? i have not done this on this headlight, but did a sealed fog light assembly on my old regal and it just took alot of yanking and trusting nothing will crack hahaha idk if that helps at all but it was alot harder to pull apart then i had thought it would be..
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Glass Joe

I got to that point. Hulk smash. Still nothing. I need an expert.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I'd say a fog light on a Regal might fall a bit short of a Focus HID that would cost at minimum $300.00 to replace with an aftermarket knock off and $650.00 for a new OEM assembly.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I'd say a fog light on a Regal might fall a bit short of a Focus HID that would cost at minimum $300.00 to replace with an aftermarket knock off and $650.00 for a new OEM assembly.

ooooobviously but its the same basic principle, just sayin, mine turned out fine.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake