Choices, Help me decide?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

Woops! ZX2 Racer, I thought that was MG's car at first glance. Thanks for the feedback though.
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

The Jetta is nice, but that Passat is pimptastic.
Dean

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

I'd get a civic.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Make it an SI then trade it for a slower civic, btw has the state sent you a letter yet?
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I'd go with a Focus ST.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
STtuner05

maybe a euro ST! lol but i would go with the passat. the interior of the jetta is just gross. but the passat has been known to have problems (at least the last body style) but the lancer isnt bad and everyone keeps talking about the auto for your wife. personally i would just tell her to deal with the manual! i just got a 05 wrx and made my GF learn how to drive it
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

STtuner05 wrote:the interior of the jetta is just gross.
I was thinking that too. Tan = yuk.
Dean

o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Have you seen some of Steve's bikes he's been working on? I think he might be willing to sell you one for daily transportaion...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

Passat

If you get the Jetta, you'll regret not getting the Passat. It's bigger, just as quick/fast, and is going to be more comfortable. AAAAAnd it'll get the same mileage.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
o2designs

frankjt96 wrote:Passat

If you get the Jetta, you'll regret not getting the Passat. It's bigger, just as quick/fast, and is going to be more comfortable. AAAAAnd it'll get the same mileage.
QFT. I say Passat as well. Jetta's suck.
ScottyK

You guys are hilarious,... seriously.
closetfordfan wrote:Make it an SI then trade it for a slower civic, btw has the state sent you a letter yet?
I wondered about that. My insurance guy is loving it i'm sure.

The dealer I got the slow civic from pulled a typical dealer shitty move. I called and texted with the sales-person I was dealing with before driving down... he said, "Sounds good, come on down and we'll make the deal" in lots of different ways about the lancer, passat and jetta.

So, I get there and look around the lot before going in. The Lancer is a lot nicer looking in person than in the pictures. But I don't want a Lancer. The Passat isn't there. The Jetta is there and looks good. THe sales person comes out and greets me. He supposedly attempts to unlock the key from the window box and can't get it open. He says "well, we're gonna have to tow it to the VW dealer and they'll have to make us new keys... thats prob. gonna cost YOU about $500 extra." At this point i'm already pissed. Then he suggests going for a ride in the Lancer instead. I take it for a ride with him, but tell him I am not interested. Nice car though, seriously. Then I ask about the passat, he gets it from around back and brings it out front. The window sticker says $17,999 special price!. I was under the impression from online that is was priced at $14,999, the same that I bought my civic for two weeks ago, making it an even exchange. We argued about that for a while, then he says he's goona go inside and talk to the "boss". The passat looks good and fits nice. He comes back out and says, "our exchange policy is 5 days or 500 miles, and you have put 600 miles on". "The most we can give you for your civic is $11,000." (KBB trade in is $13,000) At this point i'm really pissed. He just depreciated my car $3,000+ dollars in two weeks and 600 miles. The kicker is that I called him in that two weeks, when I would have been in the 500 mile range to make sure he knows it is my daily driver, and he said thats okay. He knew then and he knows now. I argued about that for a while then said Fuck it, and left.

The Hybrid got 45mpg's on the way home, so that was nice. I think it is more of a highway hybrid than a city hybrid. I will try to sell it outright I think. I am still focused on the GLI, 2.0T passat or GTI. I am also looking at the XT subaru's as an option.

I stopped at a Ford dear on the way home that had a 2009 Focus 4 door ses, leather and all the bells and whistles... with only 17600 some miles. He was pretty close on a trade... I thought about it for a moment, then decided to keep thinking for now. Nice little car though.
viciousvermin
Car: 2002 Infra Red SVT

Hmmm... Weird. :roll:
2002 SVT Focus /for sale, 36000 miles, never driven in winter, and always stored.
o2designs

I was looking at Infiniti M45x's today, maybe you can go that direction?
ScottyK

o2designs wrote:I was looking at Infiniti M45x's today, maybe you can go that direction?
The wife prob. wont like going for a hybrid 1.3 to a V8, but i'll keep it in mind. :lol:

How about this one??

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/c ... 39965.html
o2designs

Its not the 56, the older 45's came with a V6 AWD. The v8 was just another option for them.

The one you posted is way to old. I was looking at 08 and 09's.

The new M56 is pretty badass as well. 0-60 around 4.5 seconds...