About time we get a nice focus......

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Interesting...
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

It better come fully loaded ST for mid 20's. My brother's 2010 fully loaded (except nav) WRX was barely over 30k, and that's 270 hp AWD.

Plus the current direct injection 4 cylinder from chevy is making 260 stock if I'm not wrong.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

dont worry. a svt is in the mix and yes it will have eco boost. also in debate is a real RS model in the us!!! it is available in a three door and a five door in the first year.....at least this is what i read recintly.
Image wink wink.....bitches
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

Now that Ford has released pricing on the 2012's we can get a better idea, basing my best guess on the 5 door hatch Titanium submodel, with the upgrade Titanium package, 18" wheels, that runs over $26k sticker!!!

So if we get the ST, its gonna be one of those $29,995.95 or so deals. If you ask me, for 30 grand I'd get something alot different.

Hell, just an SE sedan built out with a few things I'd like was over $20k, and looking at how selling prices of the Fiesta vs sticker look, they are gonna take a premium.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Miller wrote:It better come fully loaded ST for mid 20's. My brother's 2010 fully loaded (except nav) WRX was barely over 30k, and that's 270 hp AWD.

Plus the current direct injection 4 cylinder from chevy is making 260 stock if I'm not wrong.
The ST is slated to have 247 hp so it's not far behind the Subie on power alone, the Subie being all wheel drive will be a lot heavier than the ST which in any situation other than a drag from a dead stop could actually give the ST the advantage in accelleration from a roll and we all know how well Ford can tune a front drive chassis for handling.

A 2010 STI is 3395 lbs
A 2010 Focus RS is 3227 lbs

Obviously we don't have final numbers on the American spec ST yet so that's up in the air.

Simply looking at prices and horsepower ratings is no way to judge a car.

BTW-The 2010 STi listed for $32995 for the "Special edition" and $34995.00 for the normal STI, I'd say that's substantially more than 30k, not saying he couldn't have gotten a deal but those are the numbers I found.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite

just wait, ford will find a way to ef us all in th a :(
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

i'm a month away from my final payment on the jeep.. and all that money goes into a new car fund. I can't wait until they have more details out on this car.
reconstruction.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

trahma wrote:i'm a month away from my final payment on the jeep.. and all that money goes into a new car fund. I can't wait until they have more details out on this car.
And you are???
Slower than your stock focus.
Miller

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Miller wrote:It better come fully loaded ST for mid 20's. My brother's 2010 fully loaded (except nav) WRX was barely over 30k, and that's 270 hp AWD.

The ST is slated to have 247 hp so it's not far behind the Subie on power alone, the Subie being all wheel drive will be a lot heavier than the ST which in any situation other than a drag from a dead stop could actually give the ST the advantage in accelleration from a roll and we all know how well Ford can tune a front drive chassis for handling.

A 2010 STI is 3395 lbs
A 2010 Focus RS is 3227 lbs

Obviously we don't have final numbers on the American spec ST yet so that's up in the air.

Simply looking at prices and horsepower ratings is no way to judge a car.

BTW-The 2010 STi listed for $32995 for the "Special edition" and $34995.00 for the normal STI, I'd say that's substantially more than 30k, not saying he couldn't have gotten a deal but those are the numbers I found.
A fully optioned WRX which is only 30 hp less than an Sti is around 30k. That's with everything, heated seats, nav, etc... The Sti currently is not worth it IMO but the new sedan versions that just came out may be. I think I'd rather buy an 05-07 Sti with low miles anyways. Lighter cars.

I will add, my SVT pwned my brothers 09 WRX at the CC auto-x. Although he had crappy tires and is NOT a good driver..... If CC would have been less busy I would have shown him what his car can do.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Miller wrote:A fully optioned WRX which is only 30 hp less than an Sti is around 30k. That's with everything, heated seats, nav, etc... The Sti currently is not worth it IMO but the new sedan versions that just came out may be. I think I'd rather buy an 05-07 Sti with low miles anyways. Lighter cars.

I will add, my SVT pwned my brothers 09 WRX at the CC auto-x. Although he had crappy tires and is NOT a good driver..... If CC would have been less busy I would have shown him what his car can do.
I was going to mention the fact that he was comparing an STi to an ST, the direct comparison would be WRX to ST and STi to RS.

Miller

I think the ST would be wicked, and an RS or SVT would be amazing, but the fact is, they are going to be ridiculously priced if that's what the focus is coming out priced at! Can't tell me there aren't better options for 30k!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Miller wrote:I think the ST would be wicked, and an RS or SVT would be amazing, but the fact is, they are going to be ridiculously priced if that's what the focus is coming out priced at! Can't tell me there aren't better options for 30k!

Hmm, Let's see.

2011 GTI 200hp $29605 loaded

2011 WRX 265hp $37305 loaded

2011 Mitsubishi Evo 291hp STARTS at $33590 and goes to $40990 loaded

2011 Mitsubishi Ralliart 237 hp $27190

No one knows exactly what the ST will go for yet but if it falls into the 30k range it'll be right about in line with it's intended competition. This isn't the old Focus, it's moving up.

hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

But I can get a 2011 GTI for 23,000 without all the crap I don't need or want.

Are we going to be able to get the ST without nav, leather, electronic climate control, moonroof, etc? If not, then I'll be looking at the GTI.
Dean

focinite

honastly who cares! for the same price you can get a new 5.0...er 4.9 that out drives a new m3 in every way and still get like 26 mpg! or you can get the v6 and im only certain that a eco twin turbo that will have the stang at power to weight some weres around a vanquish er a tvr. 8) is in the mix but hay thats what id do but ford put all that time and money into the coyte just to have another big change in four more years. ford missed out on the band wagon with the focus, they had a chance to make a great car epic, but they pulled all the help away from the aftermarket then failed to update the chassis and now there gonna throw what i knew was gonna be an over priced front driver at us......sorry i love you ford but im gonna need some time alone 8)
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

This Focus was put out to late for me to even be intreasted in it anymore.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........