audi a4 quattro 1.8T sedan

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

I am looking for opinions on this car. It is a 2004. It is black and in excellent condition. Pics are on duluth craigslist. You'll find it there. I am considering swapping and getting the car with cash on top on his end. I am looking for opinions on the audi only. Any opinion will be appreciated. Thanks fellas.

I am not familiar wth the brand, car itself, or anything. But I do like it. :) let me know your opinions on the car. Thanks again!
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

What motor and etc?
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

my guess for the motor is a turbo 1.8 l I4, and awd. sounds like its gonna be a dog, maybe worse than my focus a/t.

I'm a fan of the newer audi's mainly because they have the coolest lighting style (my opinion). I know that some of the car mags like newer audi's as well, they can be nice cars if taken care of well.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
ScottyK

o2designs

Why are you getting rid of the Honda already?
ScottyK

Wasn't looking to trade in the first place. Saw the ad when I was putzing around on craigslist. Then did the cost comparison. He would pay me a good amount of cash on top. It seems to be a win win situation I guess.

Seems like a nice fun car, could use the extra cash.

Would like to learn more about the audi first though. Which is why I am looking for opinions on the audi.

The honda is great though. Wife hates it. That's a good part of the reason I am considering this deal as well too.
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

That was the last year of the 1.8T before going to the 2.0T. It made 225 hp I believe. Very fun car, whether it be an auto or a manual. Service and repair wont be cheap. Tires need to be replaced all at once, since it is an AWD system. The common problem is coil packs, not cheap to repair. If you think you'd enjoy driving an auto everyday, go for it. BTW, jusyt because it's a 1.8L, doesn't mean it's slow. This car moves for what it has.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

Audis are very nice cars, and like all nice and expensive cars , they are expensive to repair. But it sound like a good deal and more because you are getting money on top.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
ScottyK

Well, I just drove it and looked at it. It has factory 18's with brand new all season kumho's. The paint is virtually spotless. It is a really good looking car. I took some pics... i'll try to upload them. He'd be giving me $5,000 cash on top, so thats motivating the deal. We'd be swapping retail for retail, so it is fair, I think. The AWD would be nice in the winter.

He liked mine and will likely make an offer I think.
o2designs

I'd drive the Audi over the Honda any day...
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

How many miles does it have?
07 ST S.A.P.
ScottyK

HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Why would somebody go from that car to a Honda Civic? Does this guy have (a bunch of) service records? I'd be leery.

Btw dude, you swap cars like underwear. I thought I was bad, well in retrospect I was. Guess it takes one to know one. :lol:
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

ScottyK wrote:71000
Is this thing coming up on a $large service interval? Or, is it up to date on service?
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

frankjt96 wrote:That was the last year of the 1.8T before going to the 2.0T. It made 225 hp I believe. Very fun car, whether it be an auto or a manual. Service and repair wont be cheap. Tires need to be replaced all at once, since it is an AWD system. The common problem is coil packs, not cheap to repair. If you think you'd enjoy driving an auto everyday, go for it. BTW, jusyt because it's a 1.8L, doesn't mean it's slow. This car moves for what it has.
According to edmunds.com, this car has 170 hp in a 3550 pound AWD car. I drove a Fusion 4 cyl, roughly the same but fwd, and it seemed to be slow, but the Focus isn't a sprinter either. 26 mpg hwy seems a bit low for the mediocre performance.

But I do agree, these are very spendy to fix when shit breaks.
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...