broken getrag :(

For your Ford Focus related discussion
m1nDg4m3s
Car: 2002 sonic blue SVT

ok, So I have a broken car, and i miss driving it. I was driving along and i went to shift and it stuck a little bit, so i went back to neutral, then shifted into 3rd... it went fine, but then when i shifted to 4th suddenly the shift lever was "limp" i could move it around anywhere. After searching around the getrag under the hood i realized that a small plastic piece with threads in it was broken, after futher investigation i realized that it wasnt just the threads, it was the cable inside that had snapped. I was able to move some things around and get it into 3rd gear which got me home safe, but there it sits. I called tousley and discovered from steve that ford doesnt make parts for this... so i am in search of someone who has an extra getrag, or knows of a way to fix the cable that broke. I took a few pictures, hopefully you can understand what i need from the pictures. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you in advance for any help or advise anyone can give me to get my car back on the road.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/pix905/getrag/

If you click on the pictures there is a small description of what the picture shows under each one.

-Chris
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

First off, your getrag transmission is not broken. Actually there is not a problem with it at all.

You broke one of your shift cables. The shift cables are a set of two, so if one breaks you have to get a whole new set. There is no repair when these break, only replacement. The cables have two connection points onto the top of the transmission and the other two ends connect to your shifter.

If Steve doesn't have any shift cables for an svt call al. Also start calling junk yards and looking on junk yard websites, I'm sure you can find a pair.

The shift cables from any year svt focus will work. Shit, the normal zetec cables for a manual transmission focus may even work, but don't quote me....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Steve@Tasca
Midget

That's just a new set of cables, no big deal. I have them in stock all the time.

If you talked to me about this you must have described it much differently if I said parts weren't available, Stilz just had the exact same thing happen.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Steve@Tasca
Midget

And yeah, don't quote Pappy because the Getrag and MTX cables are completely different.

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

There ya go.

Go get your new cables from Steve.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
m1nDg4m3s

OMG this is fantastic news!!! After I talked to you steve i sent pat a message and after sending him pictures never got a response back so i figured he just didnt have the parts or something. Thank you very much guys! I will be in tomorrow to get those cables. how much are they?
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I want to say $95.00 or so but I can't be positive, Shoot me your name and I'll have them ready on will call for you.

m1nDg4m3s

chris pixley

Thank you very much. i work, but hopefully can get off early and get there around like 3 or 4.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

m1nDg4m3s wrote:chris pixley

Thank you very much. i work, but hopefully can get off early and get there around like 3 or 4.
$92.12 including tax and they're on will call with your name on them. 8)

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

This is the same thing that happened to me a couple weeks ago... scary situation, but it IS just the shift cables.