Hit and run.

Show off your pictures!!!
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Got hit the other day. 8/28. Sorry if you already read this on MNSC.

I was driving down East St. Germain Street in St. Cloud on my way to the Hwy. 10 O'Rilleys to try to fix my lip today (sagging issue). I see a truck coming down a side street (7th Ave.) towing a boat. He looks over and see's me coming, but I'm almost a block down in the left lane. He blows his stop sign and makes the right turn onto Germain, but swings wide into the left lane. Alright. I lightly brake, flip on my signal and move into the right lane. Now I pass the road he came out from and am coming up on him slowly accelerating fast, but he's in the left lane and I'm now in the right lane. I need to be in the right lane because after the next intersection that lane turn into the only lane that goes straight through the Hwy. 10 intersection. Here's where it get's Juicy.

I come up and get even with his boat. Basically, my front bumper was at about even with his Explorer's rear. Next thing I know he's merging, and FAST. No blinker at all. Just comes right on over. I slammed on my brakes and hit the horn, but it was to late. Before I know it his boat trailer's tire grinds into my door, my mirror seemingly EXPLODES and my car jerks to the right, all along I'm screeching my tires and on my horn. He just keeps on moving. I come to a complete stop, look up, and the guy is already trying to get on Hwy. 10,hauling ass so fast he just about loses his boat making his right turn. I gun my car and take off. This fucker isn't getting away.

I chased the guy down and got next to him on Hwy. 10. My friend in the car with me rolls down my window and screams out "YOU JUST HIT US! PULL OVER!" The guy shakes his head and flags us off. Fuck him. I follow him to almost Bristow's until the 911 operator tells us to pull off. I pull off and a red Neon gets off too. I give a description of the car to the State Patrol and get out. The guy in the Neon saw the whole thing. HAHA!

Now the story is boring. The guy got caught by the State Police and pulled over by Becker on Hwy. 10. He said he didn't know anything had happened and that me and my friend yelling at him "intimidated" him and scared him off, but seemed extremely confrontational and when the Officer came up on him, he seemed scared. What the Officer told me is in his opinion the guy knew he did something wrong and just tried to get away. This guy was 60 ish with his wife or something in the car driving with his boat. Who would think this old guy would run? Anyways, onto the pictures. It's mostly scuffs and looks like it will buff out, but there are a few real scrapes into the paint. The cops said that him running makes him look super guilty and that I should easily be able to go after his insurance for the money, and if he puts up a fight file charges for Hit and Run. The wheel got the worst of it actually, and I think it might need to be powder coated again. Here you go ladies.

Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

bad luck man! but way to go chasin him down! had 60 plus year old person total my sisters car and claim he did nothing wrong either....old people...who whoulda thunk it..
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

H&R's sucks. But good thing you caught the pricks. I think everyone in my family over the last few years has been hit and ran, and the few that have been caught were older geezers over 70 lol
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

Bummer, but glad you caught up to him and nailed him.
TQ is addictive
ZX2_racer

According to Peters it's about 1.3k in damage, including re powder coating the wheel. I'm going to Abra tomorrow for another quote but haven't heard from his insurance yet. Overall I'm hoping this will almost knock out my car payment all together.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Looks like even the hood got damaged/popped up. Not sure how that could happen because the panels don't look that bent.

If no one else has a buffer you can borrow, you're sure welcome to use mine.
--John
ZX2_racer

I have washers in the hood to pop it up like that John.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

ricer :lol:

be up there in a bit
--John
08SE
Car: 08 Fusion SE V6 Silver

shit man, that sux. you did good on chasing that asshole and calling him in though. Hopefully everyithing works out for ya. peace
2008 Ford Fusion SE V6, Silver. When in doubt let some smoke out...
ZX2_racer

Update:
State Farm (his insurance) assumed 100% liability. I just have to wait for an adjuster to come out and write me check now. :)
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Glad to hear his insurance is taking care of you. :)
ZX2_racer

We'll see how much they give me...